• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeM

Strutbrace Options - Xs

MikeM

Hello, I seem to be having trouble getting a strutbrace that will fit my xs.

The car has a K&N filter fitted directly to the top of the carb (correct fitment for car)

Upon investigating a friends 205 gti with a sparco strutbrace fitted it appears that the strutbrace would catch on the airfilter. The only way that I would be able to get around this problem would be to squash the airfilter, which I dont want to do! I contacted spoox, and they said that this is a problem they have had aswell.

The only options I can think of would be - to get a strutbrace made up to fit, or perhaps get a pipercross airfilter which looks to be slightly lower than the K&N.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

cheers

Mike

Quigs

I used to have a strut brace fitted to my old 205 xs, the filter was a k&n but changed it as it was getting old but it did fit under the strut brace, the strut brace was an e-tech one.

Pic of it.

IMG_0138.jpg

Hope this helps

Quigs

MikeM

Thats perfect! thanks very much for your help, any idea on where to get an e-tech strutbrace?

cheers

Jrod

Sparco make a proper XS strutbrace which curves around the filter, Infact I'm selling a nearly new one for £35. :)

djinuk

my gti strutbrace fits the engine, jst sits on the airbox a bit, never been a problem though.

Jrod

With an airbox as long as it fits there will be no problem at all imo. With the filter on the rolling road they said its blocking airflow and recommended changing it, how true this is I don't know.

GazRallye

I had one of those e-tech strut braces on mine, along with a K&N and it rubbed, I got it to fit but the filter got slightly squashed.

Don't know why it was fine for Quigs above but not for me?

bren_1.3

maybe the 1.3 rallye brace would fit, thats kinked to clear the carbs, but ive never understood why as the carbs sit alot lower allowing a gti brace to fit very easily.

Jrod
maybe the 1.3 rallye brace would fit, thats kinked to clear the carbs, but ive never understood why as the carbs sit alot lower allowing a gti brace to fit very easily.

1.3 one doesnt fit, demon tweeks sent that instead of the XS one and had to send it back.

Sign in to follow this