• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Road Pest

Have I Got The Right Gear Stick?

Road Pest

Hi All,

Further to my last post lots of bits have arrived, new sad hose, all the air filter hoses and the gear stick, which arrived for £29.

Question is whether it's the right one. There is the white plastic bit that holds the lift up reverse cable in place on the existing stick but not on the new one. As this seems to be stuck on (there is a small hole in the stick into which a metal tube is stuck through plastic then stick) I can only assume that I've been sent a stick for later cars without the lift up reverse. Or is there a way of transferring the the plastic bit over.

I did specify it was a lift up reverse, so is a little disappointing if it's the wrong part.

Thanks,

Phil

allye

Hi Phil,

Last winter I put a 6speed gearbox in my 205 which involves fitting a lift up reverse, I purchased the sleeve, white part you mention cable etc etc ready to fit to my gear stick (a later non pull up type lever) The white part is held in with a small roll pin that secures it to the lever, I removed this with a pick from memory. If your having trouble you could carefully drill it out I suppose and replace the pin. All the levers have the correct holes to fit the lift up reverse system as this is exactly what I did.

IMG_20120222_165733.jpg

(note I've had a extended lever made)

Road Pest

Thanks, I can't see a hole in the new stick though?

chipstick

Who did you purchase it from?

welshpug

easy enough to drill a new hole, all XU sticks are the same part number BTW.

allye

The hole will be there, its tiny though.

allye

You bought the £75 one!!!!?? :o:wacko:

Road Pest

No, it was £25.