• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
veloce200

Tu To Be1 Adapter

TT205
Any pics of this, or who does the adaption of the BE bell housing?

As I said earlier in the thread ....

Spike (on this forum) modified the BE bell housing so that he could run a BE box on his mod prod TU race cars

He offered to get a bunch of these done for people on the forum a couple of years ago but there was no interest at the time - pm him or contact him through teamgeen@yahoo.co.uk

Dave

Hilgie

Got a pic here of a 106GTi with BE conversion.

10617.jpg

In this case they have used the gearbox from a Partner 1.6 (again TU with BE box). As you can see the startermotor is on the other side now, just like the MA boxes.

No problems with the enginemounts whatsoever as this box was designed for a TU engine.

I spoke about BE4R boxes from HDI engines on XU engines previously and then there are problems because of the different angle of the engine (XU=30 degrees, DW/EW=15 degrees), so the flywheelhousing has been adapted to compensate that.

In fact all BE4 boxes are the same, just the flywheel housing differs from whatever engine it is mounted on (eg. Xsara VTS (XU10J4RS), 90bhp HDi engines (DW10) or 1.6 petrol engines (TU5JP4) or even the 206GTi (EW10J4) ).

veloce200
Got a pic here of a 106GTi with BE conversion.

10617.jpg

In this case they have used the gearbox from a Partner 1.6 (again TU with BE box). As you can see the startermotor is on the other side now, just like the MA boxes.

No problems with the enginemounts whatsoever as this box was designed for a TU engine.

I spoke about BE4R boxes from HDI engines on XU engines previously and then there are problems because of the different angle of the engine (XU=30 degrees, DW/EW=15 degrees), so the flywheelhousing has been adapted to compensate that.

In fact all BE4 boxes are the same, just the flywheel housing differs from whatever engine it is mounted on (eg. Xsara VTS (XU10J4RS), 90bhp HDi engines (DW10) or 1.6 petrol engines (TU5JP4) or even the 206GTi (EW10J4) ).

the ratios are what puts me of using a BE4. for a turbo engine the BE1 1.9 ratios are spot on. I have contacted Mike but no reply as yet. the problem i have is zero spare time to do any tinkering. which means unless i know it definitely works i won't try it (hence i am very grateful for this info so far!)

Hilgie

So have you had a look at which gearbox is on the 1.6-16V HDI engine? Should be fairly long box cause it's a diesel, and the 1.6-16V HDI is supposed to be a TU derived engine.

Sign in to follow this