• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey sprocket

Front Shock Protective Bellows

davey sprocket

Building up my new shocks and springs but need to re-use the old "rod protectors" (as service box refers to them). I knew that one was split and Miles kindly dug one out of his parts box when I picked the bits up.

But of course, now I find I need to replace both of them as the other one's split as well.

Can anyone confirm whether GSF or other factors can get these or whether they're Pug only?

They're Part no 525413 on service box and £12.58 each, which is kinda steep!

alync406

You should be able to get them in GSF or any motor factors really. Here is a febi bilstein number, it might be handy if thats is what the motor factors would be getting ->Febi Bilstein

davey sprocket
You should be able to get them in GSF or any motor factors really. Here is a febi bilstein number, it might be handy if thats is what the motor factors would be getting ->Febi Bilstein

Thanks matey.

Managed to find the part no on that site... 13006 but that appears to be for a pair of them, so might not be much cheaper than just one from Pug?

I'll have to give GSF a call in the morning but this might turn into a wanted ad during the week depending on their price... I'm sure plenty of people on here must have good ones kicking around.

davey sprocket

Why can't anything just be easy?

Phoned GSF, gave them the febi bilstein part no, they referenced that to their part no, yep no problem, comes as a kit with the bump stops, both sides for £8.50 plus VAT.

And its on the shelf.

Cool.

Finish work, cycle up there, get bits.

Get home, open box. Absolutely nothing like the originals.

th_SDC10781.jpg

Granted, the top end is just a different design, the bumpstop sticks up out of the boot rather than being hidden inside but the real problem is that the bottom end is at least an inch greater in internal diameter than the top of the shock body that it's supposed to fit round, so it can't possibly do anything to keep crap out.

Will try another local factors tomorrow and return these to GSF.

davey sprocket

Got back up to GSF today.... they can't find anything else suitable.

Euro Car Parts had a look at their universal kits but said they had nothing like it.

My local factors said they don't do them but could order them from Peugeot.

Main dealer happy to order them on Monday but that means I won't be able to get up there to get them until next Saturday.

I can't bring myself to rebuild a couple of hundred quid's worth of suspension with a split boot, hence wanted ad Posted!

gwyn_mi16

Thread Bump!

Im experiencig the exact same issue as above..... does anyone know the part number for the correct shock boots?

I ordered some KYB 913112 which are identical to the incorrect ones above..... the bottom of the boot is a baggy fot around the top of the shock body.

Any help appreciated

welshpug

just go to Elim garage!

Tom Fenton

Buy genuine from Peugeot. All the pattern ones I have tried are not a good fit.