• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmi

Group A Rally Spec Front And Rear Brakes

jimmi

You wont be able to use standard 1.6 hubs as the CV's on your shafts wont fit the 1.6 hubs. The 1.6 group A cars used uprights machined to give more negative camber ( -1.5 deg ) and they did not use a pinch bolt to secure the bottom rose joint pin, the pin being a tight fit into the upright. The hub had a spline profile to suit the 1.9 type CV's. I tried to identify the hubs, to see if they were a standard part, but couldn't identify them. I can only assume that they were 1.6 hubs specially machined to take the 1.9 type CV's. ( Bearing in mind that when the group A 1.6 cars were built, 1.9's weren't being manufactured).

The discs used were two piece, AP discs with bells with a deep offset to suit the 1.6 hubs.

Mollisk - Cheers for that information. To be FIA compliantlooks like I'm gonna have to spend £1800 on a new calipers/discs/bells set from SVP unless anyone on here has a used set-up for sale ?

TAG

Perhaps it is worth you contacting Godspeed Brakes before going down that route. Very knowledgeable and decent guys are the Godney's, as a few here will testify.