• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

christopher

Hydraulic Handbrake And Bias Valve For Hillclimb Car. How To Setup?

christopher

This year I'm doing hillclimbs and sprints in my 205 Rallye with disks all round :-)

The car I have has a hydraulic handbrake (not a high handle type) and a brake bias valve.

• Is there any benefit of a hydraulic handbrake (apart from handbrake tunrs for real rally) :-)
  • How do I setup and benefit from the bias valve?? I assume these are there to avoid lockup?

Compensators are totally removed...

Cheers

welshpug

H-H shouldn't be needed for Hillclimb or sprint, get the front to go where it should and the rear will follow.

bias valve is indeed to balance front to rear bias.

Mac Crash

Begin with a starting point biased to the front brakes then gradually introduce more bias to the front until you can no longer lock the rear brakes under maximum braking. and as WP says... equates to the same thing really, to get the front of the car to go where you want it to... first you must sort the rear.

The HHB is far more useful than a cable one, you shouldn't need it for hill climbing, but if the car is already fitted with it then for all it weighs I'd retain it.

petert

I'd wind the bias valve fully on, so the brakes are 99% front. Otherwise you'll start locking up rear inside.

And

If you do fit both make sure you plum the biest valve in before the hydro hand brake, or the hand brake will also be limited via the valve..