• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
philfingers

Fuel Tank Sender Resistances

philfingers

i'm thinking of running another fuel cage on my cage in the back so i cans ee it when i fill up.

Does anyone know what the resistances are full and empty of the standard sender, will give me some idea of what I'm looking for in buying another. Was thinking i'd run them both in parallel but in reality I think i'll need a switch to flick between the dash one and the rear one. the later I intend to mark up for each 10ltrs of fuel added

Phil

309PUG

This should help. Sorry the numbers are tightly bunched, they are nicely spaced when I typed them in, i think you will work it out. The first set of numbers are resistance 2 = 55 litres = 12.1 gallons, then resistance 26 = 50 litres = 11.1 gallons

Res Litres Gal

2 55 12.1

26 50 11.1

52 45 10.0

78 40 8.9

104 35 7.8

130 30 6.7

156 25 5.6

182 20 4.5

208 15 3.4

234 10 2.3

260 5 1.2

288 0 0.0

All I do is put my meter across a couple of wires in the fuse board and measure the resistance, refering to the above chart.

Chris

Edited by 309PUG

welshpug

is that not for a 309 which has a slightly bigger tank than a 205?

309PUG
is that not for a 309 which has a slightly bigger tank than a 205?

Your not wrong, but it will give Phil a good starting point

welshpug

oh yes I agree there, I checked servicebox and they are indeed the same part, so you'd just need to adjust it to your scale :wacko:

philfingers

that's great, thanks for your help. I actually pulled the sender out tonight so will try and measure the resistances tomorrow. Hopefully will work with my gauge I have!

Thanks for your time,

Phil

Sign in to follow this