• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Death_Machine

Dash Board Lights

Death_Machine

hi well i dont write on here i much i normally just read well 2 years ago i purchased a 205 with an mi16 engine on 205 loom paid big money big mistake if only i knew how much rust was lurking under the sexy miami blue paint lets just say just gti's that sums it all up well over past two years i have been doin a full rebuild front to back before xmas i done a full engine rebuild all seals gaskets ect ect well what i have now is my chock light is perm on wasnt before and my stop light is very faintly on only noticeable when dark my water temp gauge only goes quarter way up none of the oil perss or temps work can anyone maybe give me a few pointers to check as for the chocke light im pretty sure i have connected a wire that wasnt but not sure where. i have many other problems that i will state as i get round to fixing them many thanks to any answers

:lol:

Spiky

stop light runs off the water temp warning sensor and the low oil pressure sensor,

they might be rubbing some where and earthing out.

as for the choke, i dont know sorry

Death_Machine

ok is that the only two things it runs off the stop light, both gaues seem to be a little faulty i.e water one only goes qarter way and oil doesnt work should i maybe try changing them too. thanks

Spiky

the water/oil pressure gauge on tghe dash run off different sensors to the stop light :lol:

at the back of the water housing one, is for the gauge and one is for the high warning temp/STOP light

on the front of the engine block there are 2 sensors one large (oil pressure gauge) and one small (low pressure warning/STOP light)

hope that helps :D

Death_Machine

thanks it does i remember seeing all those wirse and sensors well ill get a couple new sensors i got an xm turbo on the drive too was looking to swap everything but looked at a article on here seem a little more harder than mi conversion but will see.

Spiky

sensors are probably fine, just check the wiring, might be a good i deal to put new ends on them and check the brown connector block, that gets all s*itted up,

might even be an option to cut out the brown connector and join all the connections instead of having the brown connector,

the brown connector is sat on top of the gearbox, you can miss it :lol:

Sign in to follow this