• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McPikie

Exhausting Work

McPikie

OK, my system is staring to get on my tits a bit now. I have a slight crack in my manifold, but enough so it sounds like the tappets are going to jump out. Its also blowing from the downpipe somewhere, and the backbox has a 3.5" tailpipe on it. Suffice to say, my neighbours HATE me, lol

But, as I get my bonus next month, I am looking at spashing out a bit on the pug. So, I am thinking.............

Cheeky Manifold

79c7_1.JPG

and

Cheeky Grp N System

qbpe603.jpg

Can I have your honest opinion guys

Super Josh

I think your neighbours will hate you even more with that OMP Grp N system :angry: Plus they don't last five minutes. How much is that manifold? I think it would be a waste of time on a standard engine too.

Josh

McPikie

£175 for the mani, £160 for the system

please help guys, I dont want a standard system

Peetypug

i'm sure there's a few of those fanimolds for sale on here (i wouldnt pay 175 for it)

i only paid 170 for a full magnex system with 4 branch from fleabay

for the money your looking at spending get a second hand stainless manifold and then get a custom stainless zorst done

there's a place in macclesfield called jp exhausts that are very good, they may even make you a manifold

lee-bg

What i would do is :

Get the manifold exhaust you show here, put a decat exhaust in the middle (although i seem to see one on the manifold u show so you may not need one then),

then last put a proper backbox at the back of the car. But one which is not direct, i.e. Gases rotate inside, not just enter and exist. That will be proper muffler.

Stick to 2,2" for the pipes and all that would fix your problems :wub:

hengti

the manifold sounds interesting as is looks to be very similar in design to the Magnex one (which works well) plus it's TIG welded and has a flexi joint (the Magnex manifold is poorly MIG welded and uses an unreliable knuckle joint). it's also similar money to the Magnex manifold - worth a go IMO.

if it performs as well as the Magnex one, it'll not be worth much in the way of power but you should notice a difference in torque.

personally, i'd fit a decent stainless system to compliment it - hopefully you'll not have to worry about replacing it ever again then.

Pugnut
£175 for the mani, £160 for the system

please help guys, I dont want a standard system

what dont you like about the std system??

McPikie
what dont you like about the std system??

It sounds like a wet fart, lol

lee-bg

You can modify the sound of it with decent BackBox.

No idea what brands you have over there, but over here we use SuperSprint and Remus and sounds very nice.

Pugnut

i used to love the sound of my std system with a magnex bb

i love the sound of a std sytem ticking over . that lovely tinny burble/rasp at about 750 rpm . music to my ears .

ashley peddle

the tale of group N's not lasting is a bit of tosh... sure they get a bit rusty but thats nothing a bit of stove/bbq paint wont cure... mine lasted 2 years and it still had life left in it (sold it on and the buyer was happy!)

I prefer the pugsport gpN though as they look standard but sound awesome - plus you get the added bonus of popping when you lift off :wub:

kyepan
I prefer the pugsport gpN though as they look standard but sound awesome - plus you get the added bonus of popping when you lift off wink.gif

would they fit an mi16?

Edited by kyepan

ashley peddle

have no idea :wub: i spose they would as its just center pipe and back box - just have to get it to marry up to an mi manifold?

McPikie
the tale of group N's not lasting is a bit of tosh... sure they get a bit rusty but thats nothing a bit of stove/bbq paint wont cure... mine lasted 2 years and it still had life left in it (sold it on and the buyer was happy!)

I prefer the pugsport gpN though as they look standard but sound awesome - plus you get the added bonus of popping when you lift off :wub:

Grp N is a Grp N isnt it?

What is the diff??

ashley peddle

pugsport group N's are black all over (no shiney exit pipe) and look standard (dont sound it though)

I think the one in the pic (1st page) is an OMP group n?

DaveW

Pugsport one rusts like crazy but they do last for over a year, its just they look pants cos of the rusty pipe!

ashley peddle

My Pugsport GpN after a years use:

Picture_069.sized.jpg

Edited by ashley peddle

All Praise The GTI

are those group n omp ones any good then? anyone know what bore size they are? as was thinking bout one for the 6 conversion

and what about the innox? the 30% lighter one,looks same as group n but no shiny tailpipe i think

number2301

I had one of those OMP group N exhausts, the shiney pipe rusted within months and it didn't even slightly fit, it got put on a different 205 and needed serious modifications, the garage who did it said it didn't seem like it was for the 205 at all.

Baz

One of the best sounding systems i've ever had was a std one, with a 'Pace'(were a small company owned by Janspeed) backbox, diagonally cut 2.5" inwardly rolled tp. Not OTT and sat very nicely with the angle of the valance.

Edit; just found a pic;

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/205...5s/Pict0051.jpg

My Pugsport GpN after a years use:

Picture_069.sized.jpg

Looks mysteriously like the picture you took when we were fitting it to me... :angry:

Edited by BazGTMi

DaveW

But thats not been in use everyday has it.

ajm-e30

why not get a custom system made to mate to the fanimold?

Sign in to follow this