• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jack-pug

Be3 Gearbox Onto 1600 16V Tu Engine

jack-pug

Hi, i am looking to put a 1600 16v into my 205 gti rally car due to class reasons, this has probably been mentioned before but i couldn't see anything, as the topic says, is it possible to use my be3 gearbox on a 1600 16v out of the Peugeot 106 gti ?

Paul_13

Google or search on here for a be34r gearbox conversion

welshpug

you need a TU type bellhousing for the BE box, any standard BE3 box will not fit as they are all XU or XUD pattern, starter motor on the front.

later TU engined vehicles had a BE4 gearbox with an appropriate bellhousing however, starter on the back as per MA gearbox, and you can build a fairly decent set of gear ratios into them, you need the intermediate driveshaft bearing housing from the same vehicle, then use standard 205 BE shafts afaik.

you need to make sure its from a TU engine, as the BE4 box was used on the XUD, DW, EW and XU engines as well, and none of these will fit the TU.

RossD iirc has done this conversion in a TU engined 205.

jack-pug

Cheers for the info, ill do a bit of digging to see what I can find, do you know if the cwp from the be3 will fit the be4 ?

welshpug

Only with most of the be3 gear cluster due to a few differences, some casings use a different bearing on the outer end of the shaft so use the be4 bearing.

RossD

Hello hello - I heard my name mentioned ^_^

ANything you need to know and I'll help - Its not a hard conversion at all really, pretty much a bolt on conversion. The only thing I had to custom make were some gearchange rods.

• Like 1

309jazzpanda

Was wondering what would suffice for this conversion, so are we talking something like a 1600 16v berlingo or whatever the people carrier version is

welshpug

yup, basically any BE box bolted to a TU engine.

307, 308, partner/berlingo, xsara picasso, C4, C4 picasso, a few more probably.