• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Arwing

How To Remove Lion Badge From Front Grille?

Arwing

Currently respraying bonnet, grille, roof and rear quarter panel. Anyone know how to remove the Lion badge from the front of the grille? There are 4 "clips"? on the rear which obviously hold the badge in place but for the life of me i can't figure them out. I've tried pulling, twisting, prising and squeezing. All to no end. I'm wary of forcing it, as things like this tend to go brittle over time. A layman description would be appreciated. Thanks.

19420870_10159103832750556_4317934125548

19366306_10159103832740556_3269544513991​

Bakes100

Snip the clips off and buy a shiney new badge for £25 quid.

Arwing

Snip the clips off and buy a shiney new badge for £25 quid.

No thanks. I've just spent £50 on primer, paint and lacquer :) The badge will scrub up nice and i'm painting over the silver lion outline in white anyway. So it'll look as good as new once done. It's just proving a pain to mask up. Thought it would be easier to remove and refit after spraying.

Anthony

From memory, you squeeze the tangs on the four clips with pliers so that they'll slide through the holes and pop out. It's a bit fiddly but not particularly difficult.

Arwing

From memory, you squeeze the tangs on the four clips with pliers so that they'll slide through the holes and pop out. It's a bit fiddly but not particularly difficult.

I tried that but all i managed to do was crack one of the tags.

I just figured it out. I was going about it all wrong. Instead of working from the back, work from the front. The top of the badge is flush against the grille but the bottom has a small space, just big enough to slide a flat head in and prise out the badge. Hope that helps anyone else in the future.

19399806_10159103997310556_1312558446456​

dobboy

That's how I done it

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

The last time I removed the badge on a previous / old grille on my car I just carefully prised it loose and off using a small flat screwdriver, as the OP now appears to have done.

I assume it was the same technique that was used 3 weeks later by the anus that liberated the same badge. Still not completely sure why they took it given that the silver/chrome was completely faded and the badge had a chip in. At least it made it easier for me to fit the new / replacement badge :lol: