• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

[car_overhaul] The "free Ebay Gti"

ALEX
I used the f'ing kettle - I think the panel was painted without keying the primer. At least it's funny on a really cheap car

:)

That sticker must have really not wanted to come off then!

Henry Yorke

M@tts CTI is its sister

2IMG_8397_Small_-med.JPG

DaveW

heat gun the trims brings em up a treat.

heat gun the trims brings em up a treat.

does it? i tried this on a phase 2 and it changes slightly but nowhere near as much as dye/bumper snot

DaveW

hmm a mate done it on his Cti it was a G reg tho, the trims came up nice then you use auto glym on them.

steve@cornwall

Today's play - I'm beginning to remember liking graphite :blink:

post-7883-1201365038_thumb.jpg

post-7883-1201365054_thumb.jpg

post-7883-1201365082_thumb.jpg

Back end needs a little attention........

post-7883-1201365063_thumb.jpg

danpug

Lol!! Your dogs hair needs attention too! :blink:

steve@cornwall
Lol!! Your dogs hair needs attention too! :)

How did that get there? - Good job all the pics on the phone are safe!!!! 'cos I'm a technical disaster :blush:

He's in for a trim and edge this week :D

Edited by steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall
if you want a gti boot in graphite grey i have one you can take (for free) as its getting in my way :P small bit of rust at the bottom of the screen but nothing too bad :)

Sorry,didn't mean to ignore that :blush::):D Bit far, unfortunately but thanks for the offer

steve@cornwall

Sun was out today, so I got some rattle-cans....

Took this one whilst sanding back around the graphic area- unkeyed primer, i believe.

post-7883-1202314103_thumb.jpg

Painted the whole panel, shadow of the fence makes it look worse then it is - I made it a little patchy as I,ve not can-painted metallic for a long time - ok for a cheap gti- I've seen worse..

post-7883-1202314269_thumb.jpg

Quite pleased with the roof

post-7883-1202314334_thumb.jpg

I used it yesterday to pick up some parts and while I was waiting I looked through the mot. It had only done 27 miles since MOT in June - Of this I have driven it 15 miles home and about 8 miles to the pick up!!!!. When the seller said "we mot'ed it , then lost the keys," I didn't realise he meant as soon as they got it home :)

steve@cornwall

A bit more play.......

post-7883-1202572432_thumb.jpg

post-7883-1202572584_thumb.jpg

post-7883-1202572512_thumb.jpg

205gtichris

looks really nice steve

sunil_2.0Fiesta

jammy git. i want a free car lol

steve@cornwall

Well, it's been a while since I did anything to this so I changed the driver's door today. Replacement was from a Ph1 and was a pain! Expecting a quick swap over I fitted the door- wouldn't latch and the window wouldn't open or close, so had to swap all the internals :P And until today I didn't realise you cant fit later mirrors to a Ph1 door!! I'll need to make some plates. Been a bit demoralised with it lately, my painting is patchy - a small repair on the bonnet is turning into a full panel paint and that replacement door has quite a dent in the top , wasn't looking to bad until polished :P

Checking out the rumble when pulling away showed that the bellhousing bolts are either the wrong ones, or missing altogether, but may not need a driveshaft after all and probably explains the late dis engagement of the starter, too.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Grim.Badger

If the bellhousing bolts have worked themselves lose, replace a couple with upper engine mount bolts, they are a slightly bigger size but fit very snuggly and won't wiggle lose. I believe (but have no evidence) that the bellhousing bolt holes get slightly bigger over time, prehaps they are stretched or distorted, so the original bolts no longer fit as well as they should.

I have an imacculate (I think) P1.5 Graphite boot lid, even the plastic is uncracked, but I think I'm a little too far from you ;)

steve@cornwall

SORRY, ALL :ph34r:

Latest update.................

poorpug.jpg

Suffice it to say OLD is passing in a very good cause, Watch this space. And look what lurked behind those headlights (or rather, didnt :D )

Poor thing has still got 3 months mot - and has only done 70 miles since test - so will yield a fair few useful parts

Edited by steve@cornwall

maturin23

MURDERER!!! :D

You FOLDed then.... :ph34r:

steve@cornwall
MURDERER!!! :D

You FOLDed then.... :ph34r:

I will be replacing one component on the car - it just takes a little getting to........................

danpug

What component would that be then?!!! :):lol:

steve@cornwall
What component would that be then?!!! :):D

^^^^^^^I spy with my little eye^^^^^^

The one you're chucking out to do the same !!!! basically (we're not at all mad are we?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall
^^^^^^^I spy with my little eye^^^^^^

The one you're chucking out to do the same !!!! basically (we're not at all mad are we?) :wacko::D:)

New shell -will be quite an improvement I think....

DSC00010-1.jpg

Going to be back to standard ride height,chrome inserts, grey carpets, full leather and I can't decide on silver or goodwood style 1.9s ? Is a "griffe-alike" tacky?

welshpug

I don't think a Griffe-alike would be tacky at all, far from it, the grey wheel and polished lip set the green off nicely, just like a set of nice silver rims set off a White one.

steve@cornwall

There goes the unwanted part (shell) not many useful bits left!

post-7883-1218290848_thumb.jpg

And for anyone who hasn't seen it...... wearing it's new shell (and a few other bits)

post-7883-1218291508_thumb.jpg

I reckon the sacrifice was worth it :D:P

Ethos

Ah, you got rid of the shell then in the end!!

If you need a hand with ya garage give me a shout... red ones going up there next?

Green one is looking sweet, now get that mi in it :blink: