• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
duncs

[car_overhaul] My New Project

duncs

well iv had this a few weeks now but due to a family loss i havent got round to doing anything to it yet,although i have a large pile of parts to be used,

its a 91 j plate 205 1.6 gti in steel grey, with a 1.9 alloy block mi-16 i got it quite cheap as its a bit scruffy but does have potential,along with the mi it has 309 front arms that have been pollybushed and gti-6 brakes,

pics

Picture337.jpg

Picture330.jpg

Picture333.jpg

Picture331.jpg

Picture334.jpg

the plans are:

re-spray (booked in for 29th of this month)

fit bbm engine mounts

fit bbm silicone hose kit

fit constella short shift gear rods

fit solid beam mounts

fit re built 309 axle

fit goodridge braided brake lines

fit new discs and pads all round

fit new rear bumpstops

strip de-rust and paint underside of boot

things to do that i dont yet have!!

new bumpers side mouldings arches and red trim

new 1/4 badges

new rear tailgate panel and badges

koni front shocks

full leather interior

find rear parcel shelf minus speaker holes!!!

im planning to have this almost complete before it goes in for painting although it depends on how quick i can locate a decent interior etc plus im trying to get a set of rare wheels to finish it off but if they fall through, im going to get the 1.9 wheels colour matched to the car with a silver lip

it will be going steel grey again although its not my favourite colour for the 205 (white!!) i still think it will look pretty cool when its complete

any ideas or comments are much appreciated and ill update as i get through the jobs

danpug

Steel grey is one of the nicest 205 colours and is very underated. Please post some good pics when the respray is done!

rapidmi

nice duncs, you still got the engine i sold you?

Edited by rapidmi

Alastairh

Nice one. Looks like your throwing some cash at it, but should make an amazing car :)

Baz

Nice, looks v.low though!! :)

So how much of a bargain was it?? :)

duncs

des, iv only got an s16 engine lying with the loom etc if your interested,

iv set a budget of 3k grand to get it completed, and iv a little under 2k left after buying the car which was a fair price i have almost all the parts lying iv only really got to source a nice leather interior or even a lazer green half leather interioir would look cool,

is autofive the best place for getting the ph2 arches and trim or are there other places it can be sourced does peugeot still stock them?

the wheels are the only sticking point as im trying to get some rare wheels but not sure if its going to happen yet,

and it will be getting raised a little as its my everyday car and needs to be reasonably comfy

danpug

Somebody was selling a new set on here recently, search for sale.

duncs

well since i got finished work early i made a start at sorting out the car,

first thing was to fit the new gear rods which was pretty straight forward with only one needing adjusted slightly

there is a definate difference in feel but im not sure that they make the shift any shorter but still worth it for the

fact there not going to pop of in a hurry

old

Picture374.jpg

new

Picture375.jpg

Picture378-1.jpg

polly bushes on the front arms

Picture376-1.jpg

gti-6 brakes, i was going to do a disc and pad change and fit my goodridge hoses but the discs i got were not the same as fitted so that pissed on

that job,

Picture379.jpg

the drivers side rear wheel keeps rubbing on the arch when cornering so had a look wahey no bump stop and the other side is hanging on by a thread

anyone got ideas how to get this out?

Picture382.jpg

Picture381.jpg

i changed the wheels for some powder coated black ones i had lying with new proxes on which helps it look a bit better, but it looks like iv managed to source the rims i was after so its happy days!! also threw the chav repeaters away and gave it a wash and its came up not too bad not going to polish it or anything until it comes back from being painted but im hoping to have all the jobsdone before it goes away so i can just enjoy it when it comes back, so ill try and get stuck in this week

Picture384.jpg

Picture383.jpg

RHULPUG

Looks great! Is it worth respraying it, doesn't look bad in the photos and that money could be used for keeping it running....always good to have a reserve fund when owning a 205!

Are you sure the rear beam isn't knackered? Even with a bump stop missing shouldn't cause it to rub on the inside arch?....may suggest the beam bearings have gone, worth checking anyhow for negative camber etc. Has the engine had a rebuild? Do all the dashboard guages work? I'd concentrate on keeping it running for a while and then after a while if you're happy with it start to invest on the long term cosmetics i.e. paintjobs.

just noticed the 309 beam you're fitting so forget the beam comments above because it's irrelevant.

BTW, was there any noticeable difference with the wishbone polly bushes? It's a mod I've considered but never done.

Edited by RHULPUG

Arahan
....always good to have a reserve fund when owning a 205!

Well said that man!

gerry

looks very nice steel grey is a great colour but i would say that :)

duncs

the paint looks better in the photos than it is

Picture336-1.jpg

Picture335.jpg

and the bushes do make a difference to the car it just feels tighter if you get my meaning,

the rear beam that is on it has just been re built i think its the fact that its low with standard shocks thats making it rub, and the car came with not much history but was bought from two members on this site who no there stuff (kev-g and jeram) so everything works as it should,it starts stops and goes like hell which is what a 205 should do,

i bought the car with the intention of making it the 205 iv always wanted so as much as i can or have to replace to get it there will be done as im not planning on letting it go in a hurry iv been silly with my previous cars either selling them when i shouldn't have or just running them into the ground so this one is getting kept and done proper

iv also managed to get a hold of some pts speedlines :) for it so im over the moon and the new paint can come quick enough B)

Foltan

mmm love that very much. makes me want to paint my rims black on my graphite pug! i love that ride height too :)

madspikes

The paint on my K-reg steel grey has gone the same if not worse! You could rub you hand over the roof and it just came off as a dust!

mad.

milk_churn

how much have you been quoted for the respray?