• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

[car_restoration] Cti Restoration

ALEX

A bit over exposed. but this is the best pic I have of the pump fitted.

post-2783-0-20311100-1435611928_thumb.jpg

ALEX

Okay 2019 and were rolling again after 3 years in stored in a prefab garage.

New house needed lots of work so the cab has been just an obstacle to squeeze past.

It's cleaned up okay and passed an MOT. The brakes were a little rubbish so I freed them off and fit new brake discs as the old ones were warped, maybe due to me been tight not buying new ones back in 2015 and having them vapor blasted instead.

The front suspension was clunking on full lock. Thought it was the ARB rubbers, turned out to be the clamp bolt for the lateral retaining bar on the ARB was too long and bottoming out on the shoulder before fully tightening up. Swapped it for a shorter one.

I treated the boot lid to a new gas spring https://www.sgs-engineering.com/gsc1875-peugeot-205-boot-strut as the old one kept failing just after I bent down to reach into the boot and the latch would keep clunking me on the head.

I fitted an adjustable cam pulley to tune the engine (currently set to 0).  It runs steady, but sounds sh*t. Messing with the ignition timing doesn’t make improvement. It’s about as good as it gets where it is but with a low MPG that runs really hot and it feels like it could pull much better. Not had time to adjust the cam yet as I’m not sure what to adjust it to. I can only find the cam specs for the B6D and I’m sure the head and cam isn’t that one. (I’m still trying to identify it TBH and planning on doing some investigating when I get the time.) While I’m on the subject does anyone know the cam specs for the 180A? is it the same as the B6D?

Longer term I’m planning on refurbishing the later head that came with the block I got from Speno. Probably an engine out job though as I still have that crank and pistons for that block too so it might be after the summer.. Got to make use of the cab as much as possible in the nice weather!  I’ts a rite laugh with the hood down. Car gets tons of attention too… Had a guy bowing on his hands and knees the other day as he was crossing the road at a pelican crossing, I think he was drunk tho!   :rolleyes:

kenneth cartwright

HI ALEX

do you still have you cti? could you take some pictures around the hinges on the roof and how the flappy bits go round the wings? rear window

javiernei

What's up guys? 

I am the newbie here. I have a 205 Cabriolet Junior and I am looking for a very very hard to find piece. Do you know what's the name? If is it a manual available to be able to 3D print this? 

Attaching the image. 

Thanks in advance. 

82743961_10157183532476448_4184523942855180288_o.jpg