• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyeash

Converting To Hydraulic Clutch

rallyeash

Hi chaps,

On my Honda engined 309 I'm building I require to convert to hydraulic clutch. I guess there is the option of converting the honda box back to cable but I would like to run it hydraulic if possible.

Any proven solutions that's been carried out? As I'm sure I've seen folk do this before on ML boxes or V6?!

I know what is required to carry it out, but to save a lot of head scratching thought if ask first.

Cheers Ash

rallyeash

I seem to recall berlingo parts can be used?

stef205

talk to george (goliath) i think he alters the standard pedal box with a universal master cylinder, could be wrong but hes worth a ask.

allye

my effort, works well and light too. 206gti master cylinder, 406 d9 slave (slave obviosuly not important to you) i made a copper hard line that is secured to the bulk head.

IMG_3734_zpsb25cd076.jpg

IMG_3733_zps01c3e311.jpg

only issue i have is i had to use a smaller base model servo, i have noticed i need to step on the brakes more now.

rallyeash

Looks a decent mod that.

pip470

Someone should do a kit, As ive wanted this for a while but it wouldn't look as good as these.

welshpug

just lads in sheds with welders and grinders Phill, same as you!

Biggles

Isn't most of the battle knowing which bits to use though ? That 206 m/c job is very neat.

allye

Mounting the mc is the easy bit, getting the push rod angle correct is the tricky part. If i was going to do it again id mount it further from the pedal. I snapped a couple before i got it right.