Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Favourite Tools

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

woodymi16

woodymi16
  • Drivers+
  • 139 posts
  • Name:Graham
Garage View Garage

£124.99 with my trade card

http://www.halfords....het-spanner-set

flyfisher

flyfisher
  • Drivers
  • 288 posts
Garage View Garage
Fav tool is my devillbiss pro clearcoat spraygun lays down clearcoat like no other

johnnyboy666

johnnyboy666
  • Drivers
  • 2,068 posts
  • Name:John
Garage View Garage

One of my current favourites, a 'manual' bearing/seal driver, can knock a wheel bearing out in 30 second with a few well placed lump hammer hits.

Also, the individual collars (not sure if thats the right term) are handy for stacking underneath bearings when fitting hub flanges. I'm sure they'd be really handy for use with a press too.

http://www.ebay.co.u...E0AAOSwBahVBZhx

Also, those cone shaped stepper drill bits.  I'd be lost without them! and they're cheap enough to not care if they get blunt. Infinitely quicker at drilling stuff out than changing bits 15 times

Honourable mention to heavy duty nitrile gloves. The cost of them is offset by the amount I save on swarfega!

juice willis

juice willis
  • Drivers
  • 47 posts
  • Name:tom
the one "tool" I couldn't do without is my selection of scaffold poles. Fit perfectly on my sacrificial wrench, never had a bolt I couldn't undo or at worse shear off :P

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,761 posts
36829337016_b3e270e670_z.jpgUntitled by Tom Fenton, on Flickr

36876889041_07f72f20d7_z.jpgUntitled by Tom Fenton, on Flickr

New treat for myself. I love tools! Crimpers for doing battery cables. I've messed about for years trying to terminate these lugs by crimping in the vice or soldering. These make a great job in seconds.