Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Omex 600 Wiring Gti6

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
  • Name:Mike

ill give it ago. Ive had to order some mi16 gaskets which i believe were what Mei actually had fitted previoucly as couldnt get a gti6 inlet gasket - well only one i could find was the same i have now. 

9?  naaah, 8.

:lol:  worth it though.

Id have to make that a weekend away lol 

Id love to take it to him i really would but for just this its a bit much. If i ever go down the 2.1-2.2 route (big dreams) then i would use him without a doubt 

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts

Right my scncrometer has turned up. ive done some google research but any idea what figure i should see/set bodies to on when adjusting? 

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,744 posts
Garage View Garage
From memory, somewhere around 5.0-5.5 is in the right ballpark depending on idle speed etc. Obviously all four cylinders should be identical!

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,760 posts

Don't worry about the number, just get them all equal.

Idle speed is governed by the opening of the bodies but also ignition advance plays a big part. Your mapper should set this up when you have it mapped.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
  • Name:Mei
Make sure all the bleed screws are all the way in, use the throttle stop to open the butterflies slightly.

dont forget to re-set the throttle stops in the ecu once done, also you will probably need to tweak the throttle arm to get proper W.O.T.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts

yeah i just want to get them all the same and see if it improves and if so get it off for mapping asap certainly wont be using it/driving it until its been properly mapped 

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Had a play this weekend and made some progress.. My fault was a bit stupid really. First off checked the bodies to find 3/4 were reading around 7 on the meter and 1/2 reading around 2-2.5 so massively out. I tried adjusting them on the grub screws to find a turn either way didn't actually make any difference (vid on YouTube suggested a 1/4 turn would make a difference so didn't want to go to mad). Sat head scratching for a while again and then the fault was obvious.

When building up the bodies I fitted the lever into the clip and bolted them on. What I failed to realise was the clip actually has adjustment on it so one pair were a little open compared to the other hence the issues I'd been seeing. So adjusted that to get both sets reading similar and made a huge difference. All read around 7 now so decided to leave as is and let the mapper adjust when on the rollers.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
How accurate do people find the omex with the standard water temp sensor?

I can be reading around 4-8deg different from my omex when connected to laptop to my digital dash? I'd like to think my dash is more accurate with it rubbing off a brand new sensor but does it normally read true on the omex?

j_turnell

j_turnell
  • Pitcrew+
  • 4,146 posts
  • Name:James
Garage View Garage

Mine sits at around 80 on the gauge with bx clocks when the Omex reads 90. Just installed some race tech gauges, been waiting on a 1/8" npt adapter. Should find out over the weekend what that reads with the matching sensor.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Ah that's brilliant thanks. Hopefully it is the omex over reading via the standard sensor as means the car isn't getting really hot. I'm going to make some ducting to the rad to help as looking at it there's big improvements to be made there

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Did you get chance to check the readings?

j_turnell

j_turnell
  • Pitcrew+
  • 4,146 posts
Garage View Garage

I did, I went for a long drive with the laptop plugged in. My Racetech gauge was reading between 85-88 at normal running temperature, similar to what i was getting on the standard gauge. The Omex was higherat 89-90. Seems if anything mine is running a bit cool.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
I've ordered a sensor direct from omex and will fit that so can compare will have to dig out my laser thermometer as well.

What temp do you have your fans set to come on at?

j_turnell

j_turnell
  • Pitcrew+
  • 4,146 posts
Garage View Garage

Im not using Omex for the fans, running the standard rad fan switch around 93-94.

blandy

blandy
  • Drivers
  • 445 posts
Rather than start another topic I thought I'd add to this one.

I've been running for best part of the year all ok but now I'm adding a additional fuel pump as adding swirl pot etc.

With regards to the wiring as the omex uses the earth to the relay il thinking it would be best to loop the feed from the omex from the other relay for the existing pump to the new additional relay so that it would be controlled via the ecu?

Or would it be best to run via another switch on the dash completely seperate?

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,023 posts
  • Name:Mei
use the same wire to trigger the relay should be fine, or take a feed from the switched side of the pump feed, either would work.