• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NickMi

[project] 205 Turbo 8 Valve Build

lukesaddy

immense car mate, fookin love it !!

NickMi

This car is now for sale and will be going on ebay soon

baz205gti

loving the work, looks sweet

wondering on your 306 width setup and what you used?? i was toying with the gti6 gearbox with my 205 gti6 but didnt have the width to get good enough steering lock, have you got some extra wide lower arms ?? if so dont pose you'd dish the info ??

Baz

loving the work, looks sweet

wondering on your 306 width setup and what you used?? i was toying with the gti6 gearbox with my 205 gti6 but didnt have the width to get good enough steering lock, have you got some extra wide lower arms ?? if so dont pose you'd dish the info ??

By my powers of outstanding reading and viewing, it looks and says it's using Compbrake RJ'd arms.

• Like 1

NickMi

Yeh its running compbrake lower arms but as i found out they are not much longer than standard arms. To get the track to 306 width I had to mod the subframe, extend the top mounts outwards and extend the track rod ends. Not five minutes work.

I would love to keep the car and develope it more but I am living in France and its not possible with me consantly traveling with my race team.

custard-rallye

Who owns this now?

aarontrophy

I want the engine :) or just manifold and turbo :) oh ad that MASSIVE front mount hahah

custard-rallye

It's one of my favorite ones

puglove

Hi, I'm the new owner of this, I'll try and keep it updated as much as I can, have done a fair bit of work on it already, will get some pictures up soon of what I've done so far :)

• Like 1

custard-rallye

Good to hear its still on the site :)

puglove

Here's a few quick snaps from a while back. I took these after I gave the callipers a clean and lick of paint, and put on a silver set of speedlines I had in my garage. I also had a grille which I fitted to tidy the front up, this will be getting painted silver at some point.

6a4bea8b.jpg

33a23ab4.jpg

• Like 1

custard-rallye

Nice not sure what wheels I prefer how is it to drive?

• Like 1

qwerty

Really pleased this car is still on the forum, NickMi did a pretty good job on it, lookin fwd to see what you do with it :-)

can wait to see some more pics of it :-)

puglove

I haven't driven it a great deal as it has had a few issues so ive only run it at 12psi, but it still goes well. The main issues where the water cooling was inefficient that I've sorted, the oil was overcooling due to lack of thermostat and a constantly running fan, the rear axle needs realigning as it crabs slightly and a few other bits like the wiper linkage keeps jamming.

mech205eng

I don't know how many times i've read this thread, love it! If you ever want to sell it let me know

opticaltrigger

I only just had a look through this now. Don't know how I missed it.

What has become of this great project.Does anyone know?

Does anyone know if it was ever dyno'ed and what it made?

All the best

O.T.

jackherer

There is a hidden post just above yours from June 2013, 'puglove' was trying to sell the car in this thread, he didn't have access to for sale due to not enough posts so he tried to bypass that restriction by selling it here.