• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Carl Chambers

[project] 205 With Honda Rear Engine

Carl Chambers

Are they still intending to use the Honda front bumper? :blink:

yep sadly thats staying, I have tried but they like it!

Carl Chambers

After many hours of rubbing down and priming (not by me!) its been painted;

002-14.jpg

001-14.jpg

Carl Chambers

Its slowly being built back up again, all brakes are bled and clutch is all done so should be moving soon;

001-17.jpg

002-18.jpg

003-18.jpg

004-18.jpg

MiniGibbo

Getting there now!!

Cameron

Love the black and green combo! Not so sure about orange indicators though.. :P

welshpug

orange and green work very well :D

allye

You absolutley flying through this! I like the colour, the indecators work well.

Out of interest, just as you mention how many things are not your decision, is this a customers car or just a joint project of everyone in the shop?

Also this better make it to pugfest :D

Carl Chambers

You absolutley flying through this! I like the colour, the indecators work well.

Out of interest, just as you mention how many things are not your decision, is this a customers car or just a joint project of everyone in the shop?

Also this better make it to pugfest :D

I think the orange indicators work well with the green to, you wouldnt think they would but they do!

sadly its not mine and Im not really building it, its the garage next door and the owner of it is the garage owner so its up to him whats being done and what happens.

As for Pugfest Im woring on getting it there :)

Edited by Carl Chambers

kyepan

I guess if you're going to mid mount a honda vtec in a dimma wide arched 205, you have some licence with the colour you choose.

Looks great!

qwerty

really enjoying watching this project, love the stance of it in that last pic, really like the hight the bake is sitting at :)

barry d

i love the colour.its going to be a beast when finished.have you still got the blue 205 with the carbon roof?

Carl Chambers

i love the colour.its going to be a beast when finished.have you still got the blue 205 with the carbon roof?

Hi yeah still got it but its in bits, shell is for sale if your interested?

Doors, bonnet and tailgate on, and suspension ride height etc adjusted;

006-15.jpg

005-17.jpg

barry d

im in the middle of rebuilding my 205 at the moment and i want to finish that first.if i hear of anyone interested in a 205 i will let u know.how much u looking for it?

qwerty

Its looking awesome mate :D

just hope no one starts putting Lexus rear lights n Cristal fronts lol i see you haven't accidently set fire to the civic front bumper yet :lol: , i take it thats it in the background been prepped

Carl Chambers

Its looking awesome mate :D

just hope no one starts putting Lexus rear lights n Cristal fronts lol i see you haven't accidently set fire to the civic front bumper yet :lol: , i take it thats it in the background been prepped

no that wont happen! but sadly Im still outvoted on the honda front bumper, yeah its being prepped in the background.

Carl Chambers

im in the middle of rebuilding my 205 at the moment and i want to finish that first.if i hear of anyone interested in a 205 i will let u know.how much u looking for it?

OK no worries, it depends what someone wants with it? Its a 92 K reg, with v5 and ID still so can go back on the road, its a pretty mint shell with all the under side of boot floor, the engine bay and interior re-painted.

Shell with carbon roof all panels, glass, and OMP cage £1000.

gavbrum

Id be tempted to get another standard bumper painted as insurance incase the honda one looks s*it. Then you can just swap them over laugh.gif

Daniel306

Is this a genuine dimma kit? i have the same one where the skirts are wider than the quarter

X-mo

This project is sick XD

Love it!!! Only the honda frontbumber looks strange ^^

Carl Chambers

Is this a genuine dimma kit? i have the same one where the skirts are wider than the quarter

I dont think so, it was bought cheap off ebay in a bit of a state, but with a lot of work on the fibre glass its come out great

Carl Chambers

Its all finished bar setting the suspension up!

Here are all the pictures;

001-21.jpg

002-22.jpg

003-22.jpg

004-22.jpg

005-20.jpg

006-18.jpg

007-12.jpg

Edited by Carl Chambers

Carl Chambers

008-11.jpg

009-8.jpg

010-6.jpg

011-5.jpg

012-4.jpg

013-4.jpg

014-4.jpg

The best part is we had it wieghed today and its just under 800kgs all in which is amazing!

It will be MOTed and Taxed Monday so then can see what it drives like but I think its going to be pretty good!

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Awesome dude?!!

It's mad it's under 800kg that means it weighs as much as my rallye :S

GLPoomobile

That looks excellent, and the stance is perfect B) In fact I'm even surprised that the front bumper doesn't look too out of place, and just about works. I'm less of a fan of the cut-out in the tailgate though, the shape doesn't really look right.

And under 800kg! Mental!

Carl Chambers

As much as I want to I cant take the credit for building this, all credit must go to the guys at Cathedral Garage, Weybread, Norfolk for creating sure a beast!