• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

[project] 205 Mi32 Project - The Twin Mi16 Engined 205

rusrallye

amazing read!

• Like 1

cybernck

Hello everybody! It's time to FINALLY update this topic! Not a great deal of work has been done,

but still there's a thing or two that needs to be shown to the world, starting with the mentioned

2009 205GTIDrivers.com Eurotrip.

It was a 10-day round-trip for 205GTIDrivers.com members from the UK, Holland and Poland,

meeting with people from Austria, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Slovenia and Croatia along the way.

The farthest point of the Eurotrip was in Croatia, on 4th and 5th of May (Pula and Rijeka region),

where I was present with the 205 Mi32.

The feeling of getting recognised, acknowledged and approached nearly everywhere I stopped,

getting loads of thumbs up and flashes on the road, taking people out for passenger rides and

especially finally meeting, chatting and "putting faces to names" of people I've "known" for many

years was, simply put, fabulous! The selection of 205s I had seen was also something to be admired.

Here are a few thumbnail teasers:

205Mi32_Eurotrip09_002.thumb.jpg205Mi32_Eurotrip09_019.thumb.jpg205Mi32_Eurotrip09_023.thumb.jpg

205Mi32_Eurotrip09_007.thumb.jpg205Mi32_Eurotrip09_017.thumb.jpg205Mi32_Eurotrip09_042.thumb.jpg

And a photo that means a lot to me - 205 Mi32, surrounded by 205GTIDrivers.com members from

several countries. A truly special moment for me! Thanks everybody, you've made it all worthwhile!

205Mi32_Eurotrip09_057.thumb.jpg

Photo gallery: http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-eurotrip09

Batfink

It does not really seem that long ago!

Kev

cybernck

Like I said, there hasn't been a great deal of work done on the car over the past couple of years,

but here's a tasty little 2010 update :).

It was time to sort out the suspension on the 205 Mi32, which meant finally fitting GAZ GHA coilovers

with 300 lbs springs and eccentric top mounts, purchased via group buy on 205GTIDrivers.com,

replacing FK coilovers (front) and Koni Sport Adjustables (rear).

205Mi32_Ph7_113.thumb.jpg

205Mi32_Ph7_115.thumb.jpg

I'll let the photos do the talking - http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-ph7?page=8

See you soon with a 2011 update! :)

cybernck

OK, we're in 2011 now. Wishbones needed replacing due to play in ball joints. However, we opted

to replace the ball joints, instead of complete wishbones.

205Mi32_Ph7_130.thumb.jpg

Usually referred to as impossible to do but there you go. Sadly, I don't have photos of completed

wishbones, but they look just like ordinary wishbones :).

Also, new wheels from the UK! Compomotive MO 7x17" ET15. One of my favourite wheels ever.

205Mi32_Ph7_132.thumb.jpg

They look great on the car and the car looks great with them on :).

We also tidied up the rear end with Phase 2 lights conversion and GTI 1.9 rear quarter panel badges.

205Mi32_Ph7_135.thumb.jpg

Ready for a trip to Rijeka (CRO), to meet up with 205 enthusiasts from french-classics.de!

Photos - http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-ph7?page=9

Next update will bring up photos from the trip!

omega

OK, we're in 2011 now. Wishbones needed replacing due to play in ball joints. However, we opted

to replace the ball joints, instead of complete wishbones.

205Mi32_Ph7_130.thumb.jpg

Usually referred to as impossible to do but there you go. Sadly, I don't have photos of completed

wishbones, but they look just like ordinary wishbones :).

no no no no no no no no

you cant just say a few words about this,thats unfair!

one of the biggest everyday proplems that all 205s suffer and you get round the proplem

we need to know how you did this , what you used etc etc

cybernck

Haha, I'm glad it hasn't gone unnoticed :).

Unfortunately, I wasn't around at the time, so it was my father took it up to a guy who does that sort of thing

for a living. I have no idea what car (or whatever) where they off tho'. They're more like machined out than

pressed out, as you can see in the photo where the ball joint is missing. I'll try to get some more info out of him :).

I'm considering fitting a spherical bearing on the next set of recon'd wishbones... good or bad idea?

stefan

Those wheels are great. Do the tyres rub against the wheel arches?

And when is this meet?

Edited by stefan

cybernck

They don't. But then again, the rears are not standard.

The meet was three weeks ago ;).

SurGie

Absolutely, especially when it comes with 309 bones :)

cybernck

Hello everybody!

Here are a couple of photos of my father and me on 2011 A-SLO-HR Trip by french-classics.de

205Mi32_Ph7_137.thumb.jpg 205Mi32_Ph7_138.thumb.jpg

Yes, I now realise I look a lot like him but the color coordination was coincidental :).

Anyway, it was a brilliant two-day trip, covering some amazing roads. We attended the second day

(4th of September, 2011). It was great to meet a bunch of friendly 205 enthusiasts with superb

examples of 205's - each car was different and pretty unique.

Here are a few thumbnail teasers:

205Mi32_ASLOHRTrip11_001.thumb.jpg205Mi32_ASLOHRTrip11_015.thumb.jpg205Mi32_ASLOHRTrip11_033.thumb.jpg

205Mi32_ASLOHRTrip11_037.thumb.jpg205Mi32_ASLOHRTrip11_040.thumb.jpg205Mi32_ASLOHRTrip11_066.thumb.jpg

Photo gallery: http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-aslohrtrip11

• Like 2

Zara

love it!! cant believe how far youve come with this over the years! whenever anyone asks me about Mi16's im always like forget that go on youtube and search for cybernck's Mi32!!! :D :D hahaha.

Awesome project.....insane but awesome! You deserve every single good word that gets said about this car and yourselves!

those that dont like it.....well they are just jealous they didnt think of it or dont have the brains to work it out! :P

cybernck

Thanks. It was going to have a Dimma kit, but I got messed about, so it has never happened.

Still debating whether to go Dimma or something more subtle though.

Zara

will the dimma kit cope with the stress of all that power though :huh: would look awesome tho!

discodeek

looks great !

BlueBolt

How have I managed to miss all this?? Some mega work and some incredible videos and pictures!! Been a long project too!!!

cybernck

Wow, can't believe it has been more than 10 years since the start of this project now!

In case you were wondering - the car is still in one piece, albeit looking rather sorry for itself and awaiting better days... :(

pugdamo

Hope the better days are coming with videos, I loved watching your progress with this car, Iv also spent many an evening getting sidetracked on YouTube and ending up watching videos of this car. 

• Thanks 1