• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MattD

Berlingo Beam, Rear Discs Etc

B1ack_Mi16
With the BX, once everything was undone the arm just slid off.

Ain't the BX more like the 4x4 405 when it comes to rear suspension layoiut? I.e no torsionbars and different design?

MattD
You can get for example Audi S4/RS4 rear yokes and calipers and bolt them straight on.

Then you need to find suitable discs. I suppose more Audi/VAG stuff in general will bolt straight on.

It's the same yokes used on the 4x4 rear end as the regular 405 torsion rear beams so the center-center distance is spot on.

Ref. this:

http://forum.405mi16.com/index.php?showtop...ost&p=18079

This... is fantastic! Have you found a disc that fits easily? The picture you have here: shows solid discs, but you talk of 22mm ones earlier in the thread!

120325-IMAG0070.jpg

Props on the build!

I'm going to get investigating on this now!!

As for removal of the arm, with a few whacks, the arm starts sliding off the beam, but it's quite tight, I assume that's just how it is...

Edited by MattD

B1ack_Mi16

Sadly I did not investigate the larger rear discs issue anymore, as I decided just to save some money and use the standard setup.

I guess it wouldn't be hard to find suitablje discs just buy centerless discs and machine a custom center bell.

At least it shows that a lot of Audi/VW/Skoda rear brakes probably somehow will fit.

MattD

OK well I'm looking into the 22mm vented disc setup, I suppose the carriers will be the same so still fit to the 405 hub!

Cheers for the heads up!

MattD

Perhaps it's a little over kill at the moment, perhaps I'll build it with what's there already and see what it's like, I've got adjustable bias on the brake pedal anyway.

2x6ft steel arrived today, going to get it drilled asap!

MattD

lol, wondered why noone had posted recently at 405mi16, I missed the email! :)

Anyway, here's some progress on that beam idea I had, it's not come too far, but it's in at least.

That's the berlingo bearm fitted up, I've got the rear disc beam here too which I'm cleaning up.

I removed the arms and the pins are quite clean, no big wear marks, just ones where I've pulled the arm off the needle rollers.

Anyway, these rear hubs, can the bearings be replaced, or are they built into the hub?

Reason being, I'm going to redrill the hubs to 4x100, but if the bearings aren't replaceable, I'll have to buy new ones to drill.

I'll pop up some better pics shortly.

Cheers

post-22506-0-43939400-1347956029_thumb.jpg

welshpug

they aren't replaceable that I know of, the 4x4 ones are but not 2wd.

MattD

Ah ok that makes things slightly more difficult....

Unless the actual bearings and inner races can be purchased and replaced, otherwise each time I have to replace a wheel bearing [i know it shouldn't be often] I'll have to redrill the hubs again.

MattD

Ah ok that makes things slightly more difficult....

Unless the actual bearings and inner races can be purchased and replaced, otherwise each time I have to replace a wheel bearing [i know it shouldn't be often] I'll have to redrill the hubs again.

welshpug

I doubt you'll even need to replace them in your lifetime, my mum's estate is on about 315k miles on original wheel bearings.

MattD

lulz, ok then fair enough, whilst I have your attention, are there any particular ones to get, Euro Car Parts have them at £50 each, ebay considerably less.

Also, the front mount bolt, is that still available from Peugeot? These ones are siezed into the bush collars.

Cheers

welshpug

any decent branded ones, SNR, SKF, Orbis etc, of late myself and a few others in the trade have not had good experiences with cheap bearings, gone has the days of wheel bearings lasting the lifetime of the vehicle.

if you mean the long bolt that goes through the floor and has the nut inside, then looks to be as its the same one used on the partner, about £2.50, 5144 24.

MattD

OK Thanks for the tip.

No I mean the bolt that goes thru the front bush, and bolts the triangular mount to the bush, which is then secured by two torx bolts to the chassis. I think 5144 13

Edited by MattD

calvinhorse

What the hell are you making? A pick up? Any build thread?

• Like 1

MattD

Yea a pick up.

No build thread, but I will put some more pictures up here shortly.

cybernck

OR start a proper build thread ;).

MattD

But it's not Peugeot ;)

cybernck

Doesn't matter. There are a few already, even non-car projects :lol:.

MattD

I just ordered some H&R PCD adaptors to get over this problem, 20mm minimum thickness but it'll work itself out!

Sign in to follow this