Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Carb Conversion Problems

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

unariciflocos

unariciflocos
  • Drivers+
  • 706 posts
  • Name:Andrei
Garage View Garage
I junked the mechanical pump idea and fitted a T coupler between the hose from the filter, return and hose to the carbs. I'm using a ring on the return hose to adjust the pressure. I know it's a crap solution but it works for now and i can do my testing.
Is this pressure regulator ok? Or should I go for something better?

I took the car out for a spin yesterday, and although i didn't take the time to adjust ignition timing or the carbs it ran really good with really good power from 3k rpm up. I heard a local garage installed the first RR in our city while I was in the UK and I hope the have someone qualified to properly set my car up.

The engine and cooling hoses were really hot after the first run, but I didn't get a reading higher than 80 deg C on the dial so I guess that's fine.

I'm pretty ok with how things are at the moment. Will be getting an oil cooler, a baffled sump and a Megajolt system by spring and then it's fun time.

projectpug

projectpug
  • Drivers
  • 591 posts
http://shop.ebay.co....K...r&_osacat=0

The one you show is a Fuel injection one .

The FSE is a very good carb regulator imo.

Edited by projectpug, 22 December 2008 - 01:37 PM.

unariciflocos

unariciflocos
  • Drivers+
  • 706 posts
  • Name:Andrei
Garage View Garage
Tinkered a bit more with the engine today and did a few test runs. It packs quite a punch at 3k 3.5k rpm and then keeps going. One of the drive shafts went kaput though, started rattling like hell. I have a spare but I'll be taking a break until after Christmas when I'll also be installing a Megajolt kit from a friend :) .

Thanks for all the help guys, merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

Edited by unariciflocos, 22 December 2008 - 09:59 PM.

projectpug

projectpug
  • Drivers
  • 591 posts
No problem,

Merry xmas and happy new year too!