• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

hoodygoodwood

Riv Nut Fitting At Pugfest Or French Car Show .

hoodygoodwood

I have a captive nut missing on the inner wing of my 309 , it was a 1.3 originally and now has complete 1905cc GTI running gear and the left hand of the bolts that secure the metal water pipe has no nut to screw into . The hexagonal hole is there in the correct place on the chassis but I don't think the nut was ever fitted . Does anyone have the tool to fit a new rivnut , I will be at FCS on the Saturday and at Pugfest for the whole weekend if you could find the time to do it for me .

Thanks .

farmer

The threads went in mine

New ones from peugoet popped in and was ok

Didn't need a gun after the old one was removed

hoodygoodwood

Most of the Ebay rivnuts do not have the hex to stop them spinning in the hole but I will just order a couple from my Peugeot main dealers , I assume that part 6941.98 does have the hex as its for the same position as I require . Don't really want to buy an installation gun for just one nut so I will make up a puller out of a bolt and spacer .

Tom Fenton

Pull it in with a bolt and washer. Difficult to do with a std rivnut as it's hard to stop it turning. However with the hex type should be easy.

ALEX

I fitted rivnuts to my Cti and they work really well. The hex hole in the body is for a captive tapered nut that hammers in. I've only been able to find them from Peugeot, which was mega expensive and it still fell out as the hole was a bit battered from the old one. (I had to drill it out as the rusty screw had sheared off).

Cheapest & best option is what your suggesting.. Super cheap too from ebay, though you do need a rivnut tool to fit them which isn't.

Good look finding one you can borrow. Sorry cant help you there as I had to do the same.

Edited by ALEX

jackherer

If you're going to the next Chelmsford meet and you remind me in advance I'll bring a rivnut tool along.

hoodygoodwood

Thanks for the offer but I bought 2 new hex rivnuts from my Peugeot main dealer in Harlow ( about £1.20 each ) and will fit one using a bolt and spacer as suggested earlier , should be easier as the hex will stop it spinning .

Don't want to lose points in the Pugfest show and shine for only having one bolt holding my water pipe to the inner wing .

• Like 2

ALEX

£1.20! :o

I must have royally screwed over, remember paying nearly £20 for 3