• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mac Crash

C5 Type Wheel Nuts/bolts

Mac Crash

What nuts or bolts are you using for these wheels?

I have the correct bolts for standard mounting and the correct nuts for stud conversions... the C5 wheels are the type with the

concave/countersunk holes... should I be using washers with these? if so, where to buy them? Thanks.

welshpug

i use the oem bolts with the loose taper washer on them.

petert

There are two types. If yours is the tapered seat version it's easy. Just use any steel 60 deg tapered seat, M12x1.25 nut with the correct length stud.

Edited by petert

Mac Crash

They're the tapered seat type wheels... just was thinking why the oe bolts would come with a washer... must be a reason. Yet you wouldn't use a washer if bolting onto studs with nuts.

I was aware of the unsprung weight saving on the wheel & tyre combinations, but still surprised at just how light these are.

petert

Yes, the washer is nice but optional. You remove the washer from the standard bolt if you prefer and use a flat nut, but it all gets a bit messy when you're in a rush.

dobboy

I thought the washer was probably to stop a normal steel bolt from chewing the wheel when tightening it. Whatever the wheels are made from is pretty soft compared to an alloy or steel wheel.

The washer on the correct bolts is conical btw if you don't know. I got the bolts from a dealer iirc.

Mac Crash

Aye, your probably right Jack as the material is quite thin... I'll buy some oe washers, no harm in that, cheers...

• Like 1