Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

V6 Flywheel Setup Query

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,024 posts
  • Name:Mei
did you try turning the engine over?

All Praise The GTI

All Praise The GTI
  • Drivers
  • 878 posts
  • Name:Nat
Yes welshpug.. as soon as box was off it turned over surprisingly easily. I think I have solved the issue but I won't say how until the box is on and I've confirmed its ok. Fingers crossed it will still turn over ok and i can build it all back up again :)

All Praise The GTI

All Praise The GTI
  • Drivers
  • 878 posts
Hey guys I did remedy this issue the other week so thought I better post back to help anyone that sees this in future search's.
It turns out I'm the most unlucky person ever.. somehow a 13mm stainless bolt fell into the box and the first time I turned it over it jammed itself between the clutch cover plate and the gearbox casing inside.. completely seizing it all up. As soon as unbolted box it fell out (altho didn't notice at first) so I had remove subframe and box and took clutch off to make sure!! Was a mission but all back together and turns over lovely. Altho now have a non starting issue due to pump not priming.. about start another thread tho. Thanks for help guys

All Praise The GTI

All Praise The GTI
  • Drivers
  • 878 posts
IMG_20170614_194733.jpg