• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Bx Loom For An Mi16 Conversion

Rom

Another shortner here.

Ive got a BX loom in mine that i shortend. And to be honest, start stripping all the insulations etc off. And ill be amazed if you dont uncover previous dodgy repairs, damaged wires etc.

I completely stripped my loom, cleaned all the wires, then went about making it the right length.

I wouldnt recommened bundling / coiling etc too tight. The length can easily be lost running along the front panel rather than coiling under a headlight.

Everyone has thier own standards of work. Along with the thier own amount of time and abilty :lol:

DrSarty

I don't believe anybody has endorsed 'coiling' or 'bundling'. I agree that would be bad: hence the recommendation of using the loom up by clever placement of the ECU and simple cable re-routing.

Ain't no 'ye-ha' going on here.

As said, personally, unless I had balls of steel, the patience of a saint, an awesome soldering kit and a bucket load of new connectors, if the loom works I'd leave the damn thing alone and just make it fit using your noggin'.

Sign in to follow this