• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Few Questions For 205 2.0t Drivers !

DamirGTI

Ok. my mate needs a few info regarding 2.0T engined 205 :

1 Which is your average consumption with this engine ? (preferably on MS management , but any other comments are welcome !)

2 Which gearbox combo do you usually use for this engine conversion ? (hes on the third box now ! the first two blown up spectacularly )

3 Anyone actually tried fitting DKZ cam on this the 2.0T engine , and is it worth to do upgrade ? (first hand experience please if possible !)

Thanks ! :huh:

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

Michael

Hi Damir!

I did this conversion for a friend of mine. Fuel consumption varies from 7 to 15l/100km depending on how hard you drive it. Average consumption is 10l/100km. We used a BE3 gearbox from a 205 GTI (DKZ) an had no problems with it for 7000km now. We also fitted a different cam (2.0 XSI) for a while. The engine needed to rev a little bit higher to get on boost but in higher revs the car went better. The car accellerated faster than a SLK230K with the XSI cam, with OE cam it is a bit slower. My friend decided to keep the OE cam, because of the better off-boost performance and the earlier boost.

I hope i could give you a little help, though I didn't answer your questions exactly.

Best regards

Michael

carbers205

Damir, as Michael says, more people seem to be using the RFX cam from the 306xsi, especially here in England where they are easier to get hold of than the DKZ.

I think Rob Turbo is running one in his, may be worth having a word with him for first hand knowledge.

Andy

Rob Turbo

I am indeed running an RFX cam, and it did make a difference, although exactly how much I couldn't tell you really, I never made it back to the rolling road after I fitted it, but I also have a modified turbo, so my experience will probably be different to that of an otherwise standard engine, in my experience the the engine came on boost quicker. Although I had the car running on MS I can't really help with the fuel consumption either for a couple of reasons, firstly the modified turbo, bigger injectors, I haven't finished mapping, and I never bothered to check it properly, but I've always only got around 20mpg, both standard engine and modified, it's been better since I fitted the MS though!

Oh, and I'm using a gearbox from a 306 dturbo, lots of abuse and no problems, apparently they have a stronger diff??

Edited by Rob Turbo

DamirGTI

Ok. thanks boys ! :) i'll proceed this info to my mate :(

Damir

Sign in to follow this