• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Fuel Pump Choice: Mi16, Petert Inlet, 45 Dellorto's...

Stu

Hi all,

Im starting to gather the various bits and pieces together to switch over to the Dellorto's, but am stumped with what to use for the fuel delivery.

I searched, and got conflicting stories.

So..

Option A) Facet Red Top pump, Filter king regulator. Pros: Should fuel it easily, and gives good control. Cons: Noisy pump, Expensive. Very.. :)

Option B) Facet Silver top pump, now i understand i wont need a reg with this? Pros: Cheaper? Cons: Still noisy..

Option C) Keep the injection pump, but a couple of regs and use this. Pros: Cheaper, quicker to install. Cons: I dont like the idea.. :P

So..

If theres an option ive missed, please fill me in. Otherwise, id be interested to see what you guys are running. :)

welshpug

you moan about a noisy fuel pump in a stripped out track car? ROFL!

all the facet's I've experienced have been quieter than a standard 205 pump...

The difference between red and silver is the flow and pressure, you'll still need a regulator I believe.

Stu

:)

Good point Mei!

Miles

There not expensive, Yes they are noisy on start up but thats it, So

Red top, Fuel Filter & Pressure Reg is all you need

boombang

Tried a Carter 4070?

Stu

No? Got any info mate?

boombang

It's a high flow low pressure pump, designed to work without a regulator (at 4psi IIRC, flows 70gph).

I got one with very little use but it flooded one carbs. Already had a redtop and regulator spare.

Read up on them a while ago and seems most people have no issues with flooding, so might be the float in my carb.

Sign in to follow this