• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

4 Branch Fitting Problems

M_R_205

hey guys,

spent all mornng fitting my new manifold off miles and its jammed up agains the side of the exhaust tunnel, i assume its designed to be off to one side to miss the gear linkage but obviously not this much,

has anyone else had any trouble and how did you fix it?

Could the engine be twisted so badly that it causing this problem?

Should i just try bend it?

and if anyone with a pic of one fitted could you post it up so i can see where it should sit

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

All feed back appriciated

Cheers

Paul

Edited by M_R_205

DrSarty

Looks like an engine twist to me. I believe SorrentoPete has an issue similar to this, so there must be something askew in your engine installations, as it's unlikely it'll be the build of the manifold/downpipe.

Pete, Mad Scientest (another Pete) and I discussed this and felt it must be the nearside/battery tray mount being 5 or maybe 10mm out of whack.

I could be wrong, but again, I'm sure the manifold is fine - I wouldn't bend it.......yet.

welshpug

loosen the 2 nuts on the gearbox mounting and give the engine a wiggle.

how old are the mountings?

M_R_205

thanks for the replies, my money is also on the engine being a little twisted, the length of the manifold would exaggerate things,

the battery tray mount is old as is the drivers wing mount but the buffers and lower mount are new, i'll play with the battery tray and mount tomorrow see if that helps things. iv got some better condition mounts i'll also fit.

Is the manfold made to clear the linkage or is the engine just severly twisted??

Cheers

Paul.

DrSarty

Everything should clear nicely. Also, the battery tray mount has captive nuts in the chassis beam which do move a tad, so there could be some room to tweak things there too.

Sign in to follow this