• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest danzmi16x4

Sump

Guest danzmi16x4

does the sump on a 1991 mi16x4 have a sump seal or does it need just gaskit in a tube sorta thing??

KRISKARRERA

Well, you have the sump AND a plate that sits between that and the block which acts as a stiffener. Sealant is supposed to go between block and stiffener plate and then a cardboard gasket between stiffener and sump. However most people don't use the cardboard gasket and just use sealant instead. A right bitch of a job to do with engine insitu and especially if like me you got the stonking gert aircon compressor attached to sump.

petert1345402284

I think gaskets are only to be used on steel sumps. I use ThreeBond 1211 between the mating surfaces. It's absolutely brilliant suff, designed for high stress, metal-metal applications such as motorcycle gearboxes. Perfect for an Mi16 sump.

KRISKARRERA

Parts cd shows it for the Mi16 sump though. I wonder if I can get that ThreeBond stuff over here.

Guest RalphGS
A right bitch of a job to do with engine insitu and especially if like me you got the stonking gert aircon compressor attached to sump.

Hi all, just how do you get to those top bolts attaching the compressor to the sump?

Cheers

cammmy

Unbolt the A/C hoses that are held on to the block the the block and push them out the way. Then use whatever breaker bar/ratchet/extension combo works.

Definately do-able.

Edited by cammmy

Sign in to follow this