• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest doc405

Photos Of Work Carried Out On Your 405mi

Guest serrento405

I all ways find it interesting to see work people have done on cars i.e. engine rebuilds ,rear beam rebuilds etc projects to bring there mi,s back up to scratch

I fort it would be good to start thread so people can show other the good work they have done past or present

ill post a few of my pictures of when I rebuilt my engine last year and my sub frame ill pick a few as have loads of pictures lol :)

post-166-134540328965_thumb.jpg

post-166-134540329078_thumb.jpg

post-166-134540329197_thumb.jpg

Guest serrento405
post-166-134540329311_thumb.jpgpost-166-134540329373_thumb.jpgpost-166-134540329338_thumb.jpg Edited by serrento405

JeffR

My last engine rebuild.

Forged pistons

Copper head gasket

Windage tray (PeterT)

Extended pick-up, XU10 pump spring, chain & sprocket

Jeff

Guest adrianc

why wont the thumbnails open for me just getting writing

cybernck

are you using FireFox?

if so, when you get the "writing", save it as JPG and then go find it and view it.

it's a bug in this version of the forum software.

Feeble

Or download the add on which lets you open pictures in an IE window...

http://ieview.mozdev.org/

I'm sure you can get it from other sites though...

Feeble

Wouldn't of thought so... I thought that was just to do with posting messages, not reading them..? :unsure:

Borntobewild
are you using FireFox?

if so, when you get the "writing", save it as JPG and then go find it and view it.

it's a bug in this version of the forum software.

There is a easy fix, by adding headers to the script, it send the type of file to the browser, so firefox knows its jpeg or other image.

IE just accepts anything, thats why its such a dangers browser

imaS

I replaced splineshafts and differentials inside transferbox last summer. I also replaced bushings and joints in front suspension. And removed sideskirts because some rust needed to be removed.

Something already missing.

Empty enginebay with new shafts.

Couple of remowed parts.

And on the coming summer I should rebuild this rear axle.

Guest serrento405

looking good people the other good thing about this post is people no who to ask about information of people that have done jobs all ready, and it will make life easy lol :D

Roland1345402284
. . .

Empty enginebay with new shafts.

. . .

Slightly off topic!

Where can I get those shafts or at least the specifications of them (ie. how many splines they have)?

It looks like they have been cut and new sections welded on - is this correct?

Thanks.

Guest ixia76

i NEED A BOOK OR? TO SHOW THE VACUUM LINES FOR A 1989 405 MI16 IM TRYING TO PUT BACK TOGETHER AFTER SOME ONE SWAPED THE MOTOR ,ALSO THERMOSTAT AND HOUSING ALSO THE BELTS A/C AND PUMP . ANY IDEA WHERE I COULD GET THESE?

Guest ixia76

I need help finding parts and info on putting a 1989 405 Mi16 back together thermastat housing and where the vacum hoses go. Please Help I sure would like to enjoy this car. Thank You in advance Charles Taylor

Erlend405Mi16x4
I need help finding parts and info on putting a 1989 405 Mi16 back together thermastat housing and where the vacum hoses go. Please Help I sure would like to enjoy this car. Thank You in advance Charles Taylor

Im not sure what kind of parts you are after but if you search on ebay.co.uk you might find the parts you need just make sure they ship them to where you live first :)

Im not to sure of what you need to see but here are some photos of my engine bay before i started working on my engine.

CIMG2896.jpg

CIMG2895.jpg

Guest Excibmib

I wish I had some recent sunrise photos Im at work before any pretty sun light is out.

Arby

Sign in to follow this