• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

Wiring Problem

ross009

ok after having fitted my xu10j4 engine im now putting all the wiring back in but nothing works properly. i had the loom made by someone very reputable and that is not the problem the problem is reconnecting the wiring thats already in the car basically the problem is when i connect the power to the black box on the slam panel it makes the car become live! i.e if i test with a multimeter i got 12v on the chassis this isnt right is it? it means i cant put an earth on the chassis from the battery because it sparks loads and makes one of the wires goin to a plug in the blackbox on the slam panel get really hot! the earth strap in my loom i have connected to the block along with the grey one from the battery - but there is another earth from the battery that was connected to an aluminium plate with another earth that comes through my bulk head passenger side. for me to be able to turn the car over on the key the 2 earths that were on the ali plate have to be touching but i cant put the one from the battery to the chassis as it sparks but i can put the one from in the car that comes through the bulk head on the chassis without it sparking. when i do have power i.e the 2 earths that were on the ali plate are touching but not on the chassis i can only turn the car over or turn my blowers on and off ive got no lights at all no fuel pump and i cant turn my wipers off. oh one more thing where does the orange single plug that comes out behind my clocks wires 75 and 75a go to it plug in? cant find anywhere for it? yes im having a nightmare so any help or suggestions towards helping me would be really helpful cheers

welshpug

which block have you connected the ECU earth to??

ross009

the engine block

Sign in to follow this