• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

simpsonrc

Be4 Cwp Question

simpsonrc

Hi, iv have got a question about the cwp for a be4. I am using a 206 gti 180 box that a am trying to put a 17x77 (4.5) crown wheel and pinion in. I have brought a 17x77 cwp that I was told would fit in my box but now I have striped my box I have found a problem. The cwp I have brought only has splines on 4’th gear where as the one from my gear box has splines all the way from 4’th to 3’rd.

How do you get around this? Get the pinion shaft machined or have I got the wrong cwp out of a be3?

welshpug

sounds like you haven't got a BE4 pinion shaft, or its intended for the maker's own gear cluster.

Edited by welshpug

simpsonrc

The crown wheel an pinion are out a some sort of standard BE gearbox, I think there from a be3. Any clues as to what I can get the correct be4 cwp out of?

Thanks Steve

Miles

Normal thing of people selling parts that have no idea about I'm afraid, I run BE4 (206 GTi) gears in my own car with a 4.9 CWP in it, Reason for the 206 gears is that is what would fit onto the CWP, Some van's I think use high ratio's, finding them thou is another thing

petert

Hi, iv have got a question about the cwp for a be4. I am using a 206 gti 180 box that a am trying to put a 17x77 (4.5) crown wheel and pinion in. I have brought a 17x77 cwp that I was told would fit in my box but now I have striped my box I have found a problem. The cwp I have brought only has splines on 4’th gear where as the one from my gear box has splines all the way from 4’th to 3’rd.

How do you get around this? Get the pinion shaft machined or have I got the wrong cwp out of a be3?

Why didn't you just use an Mi16 cwp?

Sandy

BE3 and BE4 secondary shafts have different 3/4th gear splines.

petert

Well there's at least one GTi 180 race car running around with an Mi16 cwp......

Sandy

Must be running BE3 3rd/4th/5th cluster then or a quirk spec we haven't seen Peter, because all the BE4 secondary shafts we've used have had different splines and had to be fitted with BE4 3rd/4th/5th.

simpsonrc

Here’s a picture of the secondary shafts, left possibly be3? Right gti 180 be4.

DSC_1235.jpg

Any way after a long drive to get a cheap gearbox I now have the correct cwp so I can get it all back together.

Edited by simpsonrc
  • Like 1

petert

You'll need to get Adrian W to disclose how he did it. It was a bit naughty at the time, as car was supposed to be mechanically stock.

spike_202

I'm looking do the the exact same thing guys I'm. wanting to fit a circa 4.4 / 4.5 cwp trying to find one out a standard box to fit the BE4 for from a 206 gti 140 any thoughts where to start

welshpug

servicebox then a scrapyard :D

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

spike_202

I'm struggling to understand as I've been through all the Peugeot modules and non of them are down as be4 type box lol just my luck I choose the harder one to find lol