• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Anyone Tried A Ew10 Flywheel And Clutch On The 205?

B1ack_Mi16

Just wonder if the release bearing etc. would fit? I notice the clutch is 230mm on these and using BE4R gearbox it should possibly fit fine.

welshpug

bearing is the same as dw8 iirc, flywheel fits the crank.

amusingly the dw10 8v tuners have had more success with the 215mm xud pull clutch than the 230mm dw10 push clutch.

i.e size is not everything, its clamping force too.

Anthony

I was going to say I wonder if a 230mm DW10 BE clutch would fit a EW10 flywheel - if so, a 306 HDi clutch kit should be a direct fit and uses a normal 205 BE3 style push-clutch release bearing.

The clamp strength of the cover isn't that great on the DW10 BE clutch though - from memory it's something like 20% less than the higher rated 215mm clutches on Mi16's, S16/GTi-6 etc.

B1ack_Mi16

The standar clamping of a Mi16 215 pressure plate is 4850 it seem from servicebox, sadly these numbers are not given for never clutches?

The 405 T16 clutch plate have 7500 clamping, not sure what it means if it is 485 vs 750kgs?

Some HDi's do definitely have higher torque capacity clutches.. Wonder what clamping pressure is on the standard EW pressure plate.

welshpug

the higher capacity dw clutches are dual mass ML.

B1ack_Mi16

Yes that is true. Maybe the pull type 2.0 Mi16 cover actually is one of the most competent ones for BE box useage then.

wicked

I was going to say I wonder if a 230mm DW10 BE clutch would fit a EW10 flywheel - if so, a 306 HDi clutch kit should be a direct fit and uses a normal 205 BE3 style push-clutch release bearing.

The clamp strength of the cover isn't that great on the DW10 BE clutch though - from memory it's something like 20% less than the higher rated 215mm clutches on Mi16's, S16/GTi-6 etc.

Be aware that the diesel flywheels often have a ring on it where the cover is mounted on.

So there is some offset from the face of flywheel/plate towards the mounting points of the cover, which is not there for 205 BE flywheels.

Example DW fly:

s-l300.jpg

Similar for the EW10 fly:

s-l300.jpg

So you can't mix and match every PSA clutch and fly...

Note that uprated covers also do have higher clamping force.

The Helix cover is pretty strong: 960kg/9400N clamping force for the organic 215mm clutch.

Edited by wicked