• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Fuel Filter For Mi Changed.

kyepan

Posting this from my nokia n73. Ah the wonders of the modern age. Anyhow after much procrastination and the guy on the halfords parts desk ordering the wrong filter. Last night i got round to changing it over. There was the usual swearing. Skinned knuckles and ended up doing things the long way. But after if was fitted and checked for leaks. A short drive later i was very happy! Seemed to pull better at the top end and wanted to go more when the throttle was half way or more and opened even more. so if your filter is old and tired or you've run your tank dry. For ten quid you could get back a cheeky bit of go

kyepan

and its worth noting that its not stalled or even thought about stalling when pulling up to junctions since..

which it was doing all the flaming time up until now. ;)

Ahl

Thats good to know. :o How long had your old filter been in?

kyepan

from the looks of it, years and years, since before the engine conversion was done anyway. ps its stalling once in a while but not often.

DrSarty

Hi Justin, greetings from Finland (Lapland actually),

glad to hear your motor's running better after that change. Nice to see that you're actually getting your hands dirty on your own car for once instead of mine.

DrS :huh:

P.S. Up for a rapid head swap then with mine? - when I get back and get the maniflow from Kev and the reprofiled cam back from Oz (PeterT)?

Sign in to follow this