• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

Spax Adjustables

whizzer71

Bought some Spax adjustables and springs for my 205 just over 2 years ago ,had a knocking from the front suspension just over a year ago and replaced everything to eliminate the knock but couldnt get rid of it.

Have since sold the car to Fangio he has changed the shocks and springs and given me the spax set up back,I have since stripped the front legs down and found a slight "deadspot" right at the top of the piston travel where there is no damping resistance and thus would have caused the knocking(Only on the n/s leg).

Thing is warranty has now expired but the car barely covered 5k if that in the entire time the horrid things were fitted.

My friend has also had some bad experience with spax also due to them prematurely blowing seals and dumping all their fluid!.

Any thoughts anyone ?

Tris.

:)

ajm-e30

iv had quite alot of spax kits and never had any problems but i have changed to koni's now as they are a bit better overall

kate205gti

I had the SPAX RSX adjustable kit on my old 1.9 - it never went on track or anything but i found them nasty and crashy down country lanes and over speed bumps - wouldnt have them again

Edited by kate205gti

whizzer71

I have to say I never really liked them that much but after spending all that wedge buying them I was determined to get my moneys worth,Fangio has now fitted some Bilstein B4's up front with 309 springs and gone back to std at the rear,I have to admit that it has totally transformed the car making it taught enough for fast road whilst still being comfortable enough for every day driving !.

:)

sorr

Just pulled the Spax stuff off my car and both the front was lacking in rebound and the rears had no rebound. I would avoid Spax unless you enjoy getting the filings rattled out by the harshness replaced. Also they gave some very interesting handling traits/oh f**k moments.

Edited by sorr

johnnyboy666

ive got spax adjustables on the front of my roland garros, unfortunately the hardest setting on the passenger side is about the same as the softest on the drivers side, making the ride anoyingly wonky, unfortunately being a student i cant afford to change them, and cant put the standard shocks back on cos they were completely shagged :)

damien

had spax on my gti6, after afew months of having them on the car i failed a mot because of leaking shock, spax wouldnt refund/replace them as they said that there kits where not desinged for track use only fast road

Sign in to follow this