Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Car Running Very Rich

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

DamirGTI

DamirGTI
  • Pitcrew
  • 2,742 posts
  • Name:Damir
Did you check the coolant temp sensor and it's wiring plug ?

Saying you have all 1.6 bits on - injectors , afm , what about the ECU do you have a matching 1.6 ECU ? ..

What kind and grade of the plugs you have inside ?

If it stood for long time non running I'd be tempted to disconnect all the engine loom connectors clean them and spray with contact spray .. oxidation is common on 205 loom which is bad for current flow ..

D

DamirGTI

DamirGTI
  • Pitcrew
  • 2,742 posts
  • Name:Damir
..do you have an fuel press gauge or can.borrow one ? high fuel press can make it rich running also .

D

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 335 posts
  • Name:Gareth
What's the state of the rest of the car? Will it be MOT ready soon? If you've done as much as you can with the timing, plugs, hoses and sensors etc it may be worth getting it to a test startion that can check and set up the air / fuel mixture, I think it's not a case of trial and error but more technical needing monitoring equipment

Justin181

Justin181
  • Drivers
  • 39 posts
  • Name:Justin Hincks

Did you check the coolant temp sensor and it's wiring plug ?

Saying you have all 1.6 bits on - injectors , afm , what about the ECU do you have a matching 1.6 ECU ? ..

What kind and grade of the plugs you have inside ?

If it stood for long time non running I'd be tempted to disconnect all the engine loom connectors clean them and spray with contact spray .. oxidation is common on 205 loom which is bad for current flow ..

D

Im gonna check the ecu numbers today.. ive had a lot of plugs off etc .. cleaned them witg electric cleaner.. ive had the main earths off and cleaned tjem with sand paper.. i can get hold of a fuel pressure tester.. but where would i conmect that off?

Justin181

Justin181
  • Drivers
  • 39 posts
  • Name:Justin Hincks

What's the state of the rest of the car? Will it be MOT ready soon? If you've done as much as you can with the timing, plugs, hoses and sensors etc it may be worth getting it to a test startion that can check and set up the air / fuel mixture, I think it's not a case of trial and error but more technical needing monitoring equipment

Yes gaz nearly ready.. all bumper trims and all the bits and bobs sre ready to go on.. its just this overfuelling problem is doing my head in!