• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Engine Swop

Sandy

Head, cam, distributor, carb, gearbox.

Get the TU3S, they're about.

DaveW

TU3a is crap thats what i have in my GR tiny carb, crap gearbox....

timmsy19
TU3a is crap thats what i have in my GR tiny carb, crap gearbox....

sound bit like my engine and gear bot atm (TU9)

DaveW

yep chuck it away!

Arahan

i might have an XS engine soon if your still after one? you can have it with the twin choke carb and the dizzy if you want it but i need the gearbox!

stu_woac

wheres this been draged up from LOL

I'm happy to say graham now has a xs lump in his 1.0 and done in just less than 5hrs 10hrs driving was invovled tho LOL

Guest sam-black

Funny how this has just come up again as I need an XS gearbox as mine has now died :( has anyone got 1 they're willing to sell or know of anyone who is selling?

Cheers, Sam.

timmsy19

funny it should come back up. im happy to say thanks to stu-woac and the help from his mate to fit the engine. well worth the money despite what everyone said. sadly i might be moving on to other things as i need an everyday driver that is cheaper to run and insure.

will be a sad day to see it go and im tempted to store the car till i can afford to use both new car and the 205.

would recommend the convertion if anyone is looking into this still

stealth_pug

Tis wierd this has been dragged up i remember reading this when i did the same conversion and u even offered to sell me it wen mine blew up!! If ur moving on to other things what parts would u be selling?

timmsy19

im selling the whole lot. if i dont get what i want in part ex then i might break it. but will probably sell as a whole as i just dont have time to break it

bitchass 205

you won't get bugger all in px mate, sell it privately. its got to be worth atleast 400? you can even take the electric windows / cental locking back, as long as you source some more fore mine obviously! :blink:

timmsy19

iv been offered 1000min part ex so thats why im going to take a look on saturday

Guest rick03054
iv been offered 1000min part ex so thats why im going to take a look on saturday

I never trust this, it just means the car your going to look at has had a grand added on to the price before you get there. :)

timmsy19
I never trust this, it just means the car your going to look at has had a grand added on to the price before you get there. :)

i know this is normally the case with a few places so im going to check it out. from what ive seen and read of the car it seems like its the right price for what it has

even parkers say that its bang on book price before the part ex. so just gona check it out and have a proper look before commiting to anything

Edited by timmsy19

stealth_pug

if you do sell i may be interested in the alloys if you dont mind taking them off.

timmsy19

all gone no :(

sorry mate

Sign in to follow this