• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PaulJLLD

106 Gti Enigne In A 205 Handling And Perfomance.

pugdamo
odd that there aren't any bolts listed or that you cannot get the crown wheel separately to the diff body like you can with the BE?!

http://www.quaife.co.uk/PEUGEOT_2

First pic i found,third one down,i believe the crown wheel is separate

drmo

I was told from a mecanic that had owned several 106s 1.3 rallye that crown wheel is bolted on with a pin so it doesn't spin. But I could be wrong.

RossD
odd that there aren't any bolts listed or that you cannot get the crown wheel separately to the diff body like you can with the BE?!

I'm still not convinced either :wacko: BUT..... I will be happily proved wrong if anyone has a picture of one!

The reason that the Quaife kit is 'bolted' is because you use their diff too with it, this allows you to bolt on the ring gear to the diff.

axnutty

CW is sweated on ON ALL MA boxes. It is tabbed to stop it spinning though. Rallyes are no different.

1.4 BX has same CWP as 1.3 Rallye but much much much cheaper.

welshpug

as above!

pugdamo

The VTR and 106 GTI i did must have had special bolted diffs fitted then,also i rebuilt a Citroen C2 GT box so if anyone has acces to Citroen parts then check the GT,may be listed for that.

tom-stratford

for the 106 gti engine convertion, using the picasso box would i use my own shafts? i have a 1.6? and what mounts and other bits do i need to get? thankks