• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam jfm

Ma Limited Slip Diff

Saveit

The Quaife diff is by far the best option. No need for adjusting and no wear and tear. I agree, yes you can spin the wheels with a Quaife diff but this is not the diff's fault but your suspension. Call Quaife up and tell them that you still get wheel spin after fitting their LSD. They will explain that a Quaife diff only works fully when both wheels are firmly on the ground. So what you should be doing is playing around with different adjustments suspension wise like springs, bump, rebound and so on. This way youll also end up having a quicker car as the suspension will be set up right when you dont experience wheel spin anymore. Two flies in one smack!

205Rallee

I've used an AP Suretrac diff in my MA box for 13 years with absolutely no problems. It was the only LSD available in 1996 other than the PTS ZF diff and shafts at about £3k! I think the Suretrac is very similar to the Quaiffe ATB and apart from machining the Crown Wheel (thank god for Skip Brown) it was a doddle to fit, no problems despite 50k road miles and hundreds of speed events. And no wheel spin except off the line when they both spin or when two wheels are in the air!

Saveit

And whats the price of that Suretrac diff? Cheaper than the others? There is also something called NoSPIN?

sam jfm

i have enquired about the be4 box but it need a few bits to compleat the conversion and would take it well over the price of a new diff! so i think i will stick with the ma!