• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iamjackiechan

205 Rallye Engine Mount Pics Please

iamjackiechan

Hi

as title says could someone please post up some pics of 205 Rallye engine mounts please

will

iamjackiechan

sorry i meant on the car.

but the reason i asked is that ive just fitted the 1300 106 rallye engine and it sits on the wonk, i did a search on the forumm and found that i need a 93 or earlier top mount as it is longer. it was hard enough finding a standard tu top mount let alone a 93 or ealier one.

is what ive said about the mount correct and if so which models of 205 can i get one off

cheers will

GeorgeXS
sorry i meant on the car.

but the reason i asked is that ive just fitted the 1300 106 rallye engine and it sits on the wonk, i did a search on the forumm and found that i need a 93 or earlier top mount as it is longer. it was hard enough finding a standard tu top mount let alone a 93 or ealier one.

is what ive said about the mount correct and if so which models of 205 can i get one off

cheers will

I almostly definatley have what you want, i'll take a picture tonight to confirm.

iamjackiechan

that would be great if you do, could you measure the overall length so i could compare it to the one i have.

thanks

custard-rallye

I could get pics at 6 and send them in a txt pm your number if you want

iamjackiechan

thanks thats a very kind offer, if you could send me a pic of the top mount and the lower mount onto the subframe that would be great. il pm you my number.

here is a pic of how the engine is sitting at the moment

P4270005.jpg

it looks like the cam pulley is meant to be inline with the mounting point on the car, so a longer mount should work.

will

burr_2000

i have fitted 206 and 106 engines using my original 1993 205 rallye engine mount and a older xs 1990 engine mount. keep the 205 part that the mount attachs to on engine and switch it to 106 engine but cant see that being problem.

seems strange there would be different lengths on the 1360 TU 205s.

do you have a link to the old thread about lengths as its interesting.

Anthony

If you get really stuck Will, there's an F-reg 205 XS in my local scrappy that still has the engine mount on :)

backroadpug

all the tu3 engine mounts are the same pre 93 even off a base model 1ltr so dont think it could be that.

very strange one

iamjackiechan

custard rallye just sent me a pic of his top mount and it definatly looks longer than mine.

im confused

welshpug

looks like you have used the 106 arm?

Edited by welshpug

iamjackiechan

the mount is off a 205 xs

burr_2000

i cant understand why 1993 makes a difference. very strange one, but you do say its the same one from your 205 xs :D

iamjackiechan

yup, i took it off an xs at the scrapyard.

so what are peoples suggestions that i should try, if any.

cheers will

GeorgeXS

The mount in my XS looks to about the same length as the one in your picture, however the mount on my XE is way longer, will get a pic for you tomorrow.

burr_2000

Can you remember what age of xs, remember the early models had I think XY engines and not TU.

iamjackiechan

I can't remember what year xs it was off, I've never heard of an xy so could that have a different mount

BERTMAN

is the part of the mount that bolts onto the block the right one, not the arm itself... maybe 106 ones were different?

welshpug

if it is a 205 arm you need, that is part number 1839 20, costs £57 new.

it is used on the 309 405 and 306, though only on the TU1 and TU3 engines, so should be pretty easy to find.

the bracket on the block for the iron blocks is the same, the alloy block one incorporates the water pump housing, 120445, is the same for post 91 cars, but not earlier cars which was 120434.

no idea what the difference is, but can't be much as the arm is the same pre and post 91.

Edited by welshpug

GeorgeXS

Right I got around to taking a piccy of the mounts.

Difference in size is massive, The XE (white) which is a TU9 engine?, has a massive mount.

My XS has a fairly small one.

The inner wing seems to contribute most of the difference though the XS one sticks out much further. Any ideas why?

Engines are the same distance away from strut tops, why are the mountings so different?

P1020564.jpg

P1020565.jpg

welshpug

second one seems much closer to the inner wing.

swordfish210

I'd say the shell is different. Look at the design of the metal-work surrounding the engine mount