• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iamjackiechan

205 Rallye Engine Mount Pics Please

iamjackiechan

Thanks alot for all the help.

Looks like that xe tu9 mount is what I need.

Did it come on any other models of 205?

Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Cheers will

swordfish210
Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Cheers will

I'm pretty sure i have on in my garage, i'll have a look tomorrow and drop you a PM.

Lan
Right I got around to taking a piccy of the mounts.

Difference in size is massive, The XE (white) which is a TU9 engine?, has a massive mount.

My XS has a fairly small one.

The inner wing seems to contribute most of the difference though the XS one sticks out much further. Any ideas why?

Engines are the same distance away from strut tops, why are the mountings so different?

P1020564.jpg

P1020565.jpg

wow George i've never seen that bodywork with a tu engine before thats mad

my one is completly different not the best pic but you can see the difference in both mount size and engine layout

th_DSCF3463.jpg

edit: that XE is rotten aswell, My XS hasn't even got a spot of rust there

Edited by Lan

iamjackiechan

got the longer mount in the post today (thanks swordfish210) but still no joy, this mount seems to be to long by about an inch.

has anyone ever fitted a s1 106 1.3 rallye engine in a 205? ive heard that the early 205 rallyes released in france came with this engine.

could it be something to do with my chassis perhaps?

will

joe1joe

i thought all the shell mounting points were the same, what model is th red 205 ???"!

trogboy

The french 205 rallyes came with a TU24 engine which was 1294cc but from memory the block is different from the 1.3 106 rallye block.

The TU24 was an alloy block and had the mounting point for the arm on top of the water pump housing. IIRC the arm was a little stubby affair with different mounting points due to the extra space needed for the inlet manifold.

RossD

Yep, 205 Rallye block (TU24) was based on the 1.1 and not the 1.4 as some people think. The TU2J2 in the 106 Rallye was pretty similar. I've got some pictures at home of the 205 Rallye mount which I'll try and get up here.

The mounting points on the TU shells changed in around 1989 iirc. The red shell in the previous pictures were the original design, (From 1988 to late 1989) the white shell in the pictures was the later design. (i.e after 1989)

Edited by RossD