• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

How Do I Remove This Bolt?

MiniGibbo

Yeah as annoying as it is being proven wrong im glad its done :blush:

Lan

Just been speaking (moaning) to my dad about the nut and he looked up with the answer "you tried the leccy gun" after a five minute heated discussion about how i think windy guns are stronger than the battery guns he wondered off to the garage to pull out a huge 3/4" 110v hitachi gun..

Needless to say i got proven wrong :angry: the nut shot off within 5 seconds of the gun trying like it was only finger tight.... im speecless tbh :blink:

Happy the nuts off but this is the second time hes been right in the space of a week, my ego cant take that :lol:

there not better, but some are better than s*it windy guns.. as for huge you obviously haven't experienced wrist breaking 1" drive windy guns that are pretty much 2ft long

Foltan

I had the exact same problem and used a friends Snap-On battery hammer gun. It's an incredible bit of kit, it took the nut off in a second. They're nearly £400 though I think so you need a very useful friend... :)

S@m

Time to bring out one of my favorite old pictures

DSC00058-1.jpg

Put some muscle in to it :lol:

That picture makes me laugh since i have been in the very same situation, bent a the (6ft) bar before it finally turned!

Sam

309jazzpanda

a good snap on air gun would've had that off but a poo point one wouldn't whip f***ing cream, you want a man's airgun, ingersol ran in future.

My 2p

Baz

Windy guns don't necessarily have the torque.

So i have a 1" drive socket set with a 2ft bar. But even that does bugger all sometimes, so then i have a 3ft, 6ft or 11ft scaffold bar (like Mark's pic!) that does the trick! TBH the 10footer's barely ever needed though...

Just don't do them back up without a wheel on or at least some bolts in the hubs, you have been warned!! ;)