• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wallby

205 Rallye Power Run

205Rallee

When my TU24 was standard it would cut out at 7200rpm on the rev counter. Now it's on Omex ignition ecu it soft cuts at about 7,500 and hard cut at about 7,800rpm. Can rev it all day long at that and so far no problems (standard bottom end with steel flywheel, double valve springs). Doesn't produce max power up there but boy does it sound good :)

christopher
tried to get one but couldn't track one down so you have a solid rotor arm and effectively no limiter.

These are still available.

I change mine about once every two years. It is a simple but effective solution. It is supposed to cut out at 7100 rpm (redlines at 7100 rpm) which is roughly where mine does.

It is a soft cut out. It kinda bumps off the top, to tell one is a bit late changing gear :D I frequently change down even at 4500 rpm :ph34r:

Edited by christopher

Wallby

These are still available.

I change mine about once every two years. It is a simple but effective solution. It is supposed to cut out at 7100 rpm (redlines at 7100 rpm) which is roughly where mine does.

Where do you get them from?

christopher

Where do you get them from?

From my local motorfactor in England. I'll find the partnumber for you..

MattCoggins

Have you got any more info on the engine spec please?

The cam your using and the rods and pistons your using?

Cheers Matt

Wallby

It is a standard tu3s bottom end with standard tu24 head and cam etc with the head skimmed to match the compression ratio.

MattCoggins

Thanks for that, is it a 1360cc now?

Wallby

Right, MOT due on this soon so took it to a local garage to get the emissions checked before the test.

It would have failed, badly! The problem is that the HCs are too high. What could cause this? Is it to do with the cam timing and there being overlap?

I want to try and understand what's causing this before taken it to get the carbs setup again and the cam timing checked.

Anthony

High HC is basically unburnt fuel, usually from a misfire or a lumpy cam.

If CO is looking sensible, the fuel mixture is probably OK. Normally a rich running engine will show as high CO.

From memory, you can raise the idle speed to around 2k rpm on the test if HC's are too high on a pre-CAT car, and this is normally sufficient on a cammed but otherwise healthy engine. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but if you look at the MOT test guide online you should find the part on this.

Check that the carbs are balanced as well, as if they're sufficiently out that'll cause fuelling issues at idle.

custard-rallye

Must be common for the rev counter to be out in a rallye mine was out by like 1.5/2k ha mine made quite good torque (gtr engine) with 40's