• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joed66

205 Xs Questions

calvinhorse

Check all your vacuum hoses and vacuum advance on dizzy

joed66

how do i do that?

GeorgeXS

I wouldn't trust the rev counter if I was you, they are hardly famed for their accuracy and I never believed its idle rpm. I could never get it to idle below about 1200 smoothly.

joed66

ii me neither but i have the trouble of trying to find out the true rpm at idel

joed66

Does anybody have a 205 xs tu3s full cylinder head with cam going cheap?

gingerdave

Interested XS owner here, what did you end up doing with the exhaust?

N3VRAM

Do the XS exhaust come with a mid silencer as well as the rear been to get another and there only showing straight through pipes?

am I right in thinking the 1.1 mid section will fit the 1.4? see them on ebay for less than 20 quid.

calvinhorse

Yes and they give more mid range grunt, best cheap upgrade in my experience.

gingerdave

Ok so all 3 sections of my XS's exhaust (currently standard) are on the way out, thinking of trying to get a little more performance when replacing?

So replace the whole thing with the system from the 1.1, or just the mid section? And anyone think the sportex system is any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-1-1-1-4-XS-Sportex-Exhaust-System-Single-3-/271139771419?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f2130941b

Suggestions/experience welcome

johnnyboy666

I havent used one of those systems myself, but I cant see how their centre section is any different from the 1.1 pipe, so your paying for the backbox it seems. wich are avaiable seperately

calvinhorse

Like johnyboy666 said, the mid pipe will be near identical but with a daft loud backbox.

Sportex systems generally sound boomy and rasp!

gingerdave

Cool cheers, I don't have the means to do this myself, but if I go to the garage, tell them to fit the standard exhaust system but with the mid-section from the 1.1, they shouldn't have any problems?

They regularly have modified minis and other stuff in there so I don't think they'd turn their noses up at it, just don't want to tell them it will be a straight swap when it might not be?

calvinhorse

Yes straight through mid pipe from a 950cc (poss 1.1 but can't remember)

Aftermarket base model back boxes are all listed as the same but go for as higher quality as you can afford, the cheap ones don't have packing just a baffle and that's what causes the ear bleeding boominess!!

And yes they fit no problem but the straight through pipe doesn't have the middle hanger for the rubber mount so weld one on or make sure your gearbox exhaust bracket is in good solid condition or you will gradually bend the downpipe away from the manifold