• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joed66

Vtr Inlet On Tu3S Do They Fit?

joed66

Do they fit i want to run a different carb set up just want to mnow if they mate with the engine or are the ports in a different place?

welshpug

Quite different I believe, but I don't quite get your question, you want to run a different carb but are asking about an injection inlet?

Edited by welshpug

joed66

I want to run carbs that point up lime the early cbr and fz and the vtr manifold has the 90° degree bend that i need to run he carbs so k will just cut the pipe to fit the carbs 2 just cut the air metet off. So they wont mate at all even if i drill new holes in them

eLi_205

the bolts on the cylinder heads of the SPI\CARB and MPI Tu's are not the same.

joed66

So it wont fit at all not even with modification like drilling new holes?

eLi_205

If you drill new holes I believe it would fit, If it's even possible..

Edited by eLi_205

eLi_205

I don't think it's possible...

524351_3572262301679_839053961_n.jpg

Black is from 106 rallye mk2, alu manifold is from SPI 205.

P.S.

Don't forget the water passage through the alu manifold..

Edited by eLi_205

joed66

Yer lookes like the ports are all wrong whats the water port for is it needed?

eLi_205

I don't know if they exist on a carb head, It goes through the manifold and continues to the heater matrix.

MiniGibbo

I have a spare s1 106 xsi head if you want to go injection.

youll need an injection tank too though. Easiest way to see 100hp.

eLi_205

^ I also thought so, but his pistons give different CR and it wont go to 100hp

MiniGibbo

yeah flats are a pain.. easily swopped for some domed one though.

joed66

I dont want to go injection i want to run bike barbs thats why i need to just a 90° bend on the manifold so i can run the carbs and just cut the manifold in half then put the varbs on top

trogboy

The carb heads/manifolds have the waterways also. This is to heat the manifold and help prevent fuel dropping out of suspension/ condensing in the manifold esp in cold weather.

joed66

Im thinking of twin 40s no or a good working solex 32-34 cos mine its naled wont idel its all over the place

MiniGibbo

Why would you want to run such an outdated system when injection is so simple.

joed66

Because i am oldschool and injection is sh*t my opinion prefer carbs ovef injection anyday.

Also why did i go out and buy a 23 year old car when new cars are simplr and dk everthing for you?

welshpug

I'd ditch the carb because a 1360 MPI engine is 15 bhp up :lol:

allye

I can fully sympathise why you want to retain a good carb set up, its a very period set up and would still have a set of dirty great webers on 1360 TU anyday...... as long as I wasn't using it every day, however the solex is absolutley fine and civerlised if set up correctly, I got over 40mpg from my old XS a number of times.

Whats up with your carb? You can buy rebuild kits for ~ £40 and setting them up is easy enough. Whilst you're there doing the timing and tappets, it will make a world of difference.

• Like 1

joed66

Yer i realy like the twin chamber and i am lucky to gey 30 mpg out of mine done £30 for 80 miles this weekend its crazy

it doesnt tick over right when i put my foot down it dies for second then shoots off. I think my ignition could be out like but i dont no how to set the carbs what mpg will i get with twin 40s

johnnyboy666

youve got something very wrong there, if you're overfuelling that much you'll wreck your engine soon enough

MiniGibbo

Over fuelling is safer than underfueling..

Not that you want to do either : /

joed66

Tell me about it i want at sorted asap i cant affird to run the car like this. I think im just gknna have to get another carb.

GeorgeXS

Whoever is "setting up" that carb is clearly doing something wrong. Whilst I will fully admit the carb has never been great it wasn't that bad when I had it. I could get low 30's mpg around town and got 38 once on a run.

If I were you, either rebuild the carb or get a replacement one. Another option would be a Weber DGV carb off many ford engines, only need to enlarge the holes on the current manifold slightly to make it fit. Swordfish210 on here has done this.

Cant see how you could contemplate a set of 40's, which would require a manifold and setting up if you can't afford to run the car, doesn't make sense.

trogboy

Unless you want to take a punt in the dark I think that you should start with stripping down, cleaning and rebuilding the carb you have. This will also let you check for excessive wear/play on the butterfly spindles etc. Unless you can buy a carb that you know is good, i.e. drive/passenger a car that it is fuelling, or really trust the seller, with the age of these carbs you could just be buying another heap of crap.

Assuming that it has not been re-jetted the hesitation is likely to be a blocked accelerator pump jet or two causing the mixture to turn lean and giving you a big flat spot when you open the throttle quickly.

20 mpg is very poor. Unless you are absolutly caning everywhere it I'd be suprised if you were buring all of that fuel, so get it fixed quickly as the excess fuel will be washing the oil off the bores and generally thinning the oil; all leading to accelerated wear on the engine.