• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonb_5

Building A Hill Climb Engine

welshpug

compression wont be an issue, head chamber between gti6 and xu7 is the same, standard ratio is 10.4-1.

totally agree on the origins of the block Tom, and the carbs!

jonb_5

Thank you for the advice.

In terms of Carbs / injection, it was more of a cost thing. Do you think the standard injectors would be up to it with a programmable ecu? I have looked at the cost of the jenvys and they are very expensive.

Thanks

Jon

calvinhorse

Gti6 injectors and a gti6 inlet on an aftermarket ecu would be cheap and work well

I've got weber 45s on my tuned 8v, I had them set up once 2 years ago at the cost of about £200 (including a few parts) it drives well, goes like stink and has been very reliable and very cheap

It does hammer fuel tho.. Worse when I'm cruising believe it or not, ultimately tbs would be better all round but at a cost, tbs on full chat aren't exactly Eco friendly either!

welshpug

what does a set of carbs cost these days? not much less than a set of bodies I bet, they'll use the same inlet and filter.

gti6 injectiors will do you till past 200bhp, there's probably a few others like clio that'll be similar.

calvinhorse

Mine were free

• Like 1

Biggles

Is finding someone good to set up carbs harder than finding someone good to set up TB's ?

Just a thought...

Miles

Gti6 injectors are old hat now, much better out there with better spray patterns