• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BenC

Advice Wanted Regarding A Category C 306 Hdi Dturbo - Worth Buying?

BenC

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post, it's not a 205 related query and it's quite general but it's still a Peugeot and you're a very knowledgeable bunch...

I'm on the look out for a 306 hdi 3 door to replace my 205 D Turbo run around. I have found one for sale not too far away on a popular online car advertising site (not sure if I'm allowed to post links here?). Anyway it's quite cheap - £500 but is a Category C. It was rear ended and the damage was estimated at £1,500. The previous owner paid to have the repair done himself. It was checked at VOSA for the repair 22/7/2008 and has been in the same family since new - it's only had 3 owners. However, beyond the VOSA check and stamp on the log book there's no paperwork for the repair. There's also little/no service history. A family member works for Honda and all the work has been done out of hours. Cambelt etc also need doing and there's no tax. MOT for about 10 mths. It was MOTed at the Honda garage.

The lack of paperwork instantly made me nervous but the fact that it has been owned by the same family for 6 years since and has since been passed from father to daughter makes me think that the repair was probably done right and that it's safe.

What I am asking is it worth a look, or walk away? If it has been in a rear shunt what should I look out for? Also is it going to change the way the car handles, I love the way my 205 drives and I'd like its replacement to be the same. I know some people say cars never feel the same after they have been crashed repaired. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Any and all advice welcome.

Cheers,

Ben

Miles

Depends on the Damage, £1500.00 from a body shop could be a new bumper and mounts + paint with the prices they charge, But it's allot of money I just got a China Blue HDi Estate (2 owners FSH) for £300 with T&T but needed a beam.

BenC

Thanks Miles. Yeah, if it turns out ok I was really hoping not to spend £500. I'll go over and have a look I suppose. Many thanks for your help :)