• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonic_az

Aftermarket Air Filter + Head Skimming.

sonic_az

Hi guys, greetings from Malaysia. I have a couple of question that I need input from you guys:

1. I have a 93 Peugeot 405 1.9 GTi with a Xu9j2 engine. My standard OEM air filter assembly broke at the TB adapter and filter box. So while lookinga for a used and new replacement, I notice that the price for changing it to after market i.e CAI is cheaper or around the same price as the standard one. My problem is I couldn't find an adapter that is compatible with the TB opening. Do you guys have any experience in uograding to CAI? What kind of adapter are u using?

2. I'm having trouble finding used replacement part in Malaysia, most of the part that I've been offered the condition is questionable and the new one is expensive. Do u guys have any suggestion where can i find used part on the internet? I failed to find one. :(

3. I'm planning to overhaul the head of the engine, I'm asking if you guys can give me any suggestion of any kind of modification that's confirm to give me result.

Accompanied here is the example of the adapter that I need:

post-25412-0-50984200-1408595262.jpg

Thanx. :) :) :)

Edited by sonic_az

sonic_az

I have a couple of offer for a used one atm but the condition is 6/10-7/10 average. Know where can I find an aftermarket one?

jackherer

Mi16 XU9J4 hoses are very similar, the only difference is the position of the two take-offs so you might be able to adapt one. Also Stew @ BakerBM makes an aftermarket hose for the Mi16 engine in a 205 and the BX 16v so he might be able to make one with the hoses where you need them.

sonic_az

Mi16 XU9J4 hoses are very similar, the only difference is the position of the two take-offs so you might be able to adapt one. Also Stew @ BakerBM makes an aftermarket hose for the Mi16 engine in a 205 and the BX 16v so he might be able to make one with the hoses where you need them.

Ok, thnx for the recommendation, I might try it. :) :) :)

Edited by sonic_az