• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondyshambles

Cts Sensor Location On A Pug 207 2008

bondyshambles

Hi there. Bit of a long shot but a friend has been told that his CTS has a fault on his Pug 207. He is getting coolant into his ecu connections and apparently its a common fault. Beens as though I am on this forum he asked me to see if anyone knows the location of it. Having a quick nosey around it seems to be green in colour but no images of its exact location. Cheers in advance.

S@m

Which engine?

welshpug

they all have them in the thermostat housing though it varies which direction/placement they are depending on the engine variant, held in with a clip and sealed with an o-ring.

get the engine type and we can pop a picture up for you.

however if its coolant getting into the ecu connector itself I can' imagine you'd need to know where the CTS is specifically as its not near the ecu from memory?

S@m

Believe it or not it traces down the loom inside the insulation and gets to the ecu plug that way.

Its common on C3 Picassos except it comes from the washer pump; washer fluid traces within the loom all the way to the BSI and then corrodes the terminals there and causes havoc which results in a complete new loom, BSI and washer pump. Ridiculous fault that i didn't believe possible until i saw it for myself.

bondyshambles

Legends..all of ya. He says its a 1.4 petrol. Don't know the code. Any pictures would be quality. Good that you have confirmed that this could be fault too as I thought that it sounded weird also. Think there are horror stories of it costing over a grand for ecu/ loom replacements.

luke1987

Seeing this everyday at work seems to be more frequent on the EP engines, The coolant temp sensor leaks and the capilliary action of the wire draws it to the centre ecu plug which is a sealed plug so the water sits there and corrodes the pins. Most people just cut off the plug and resolder on a new one, Personally i replace the corroded terminals clean up the ecu pins and replace the coolant temp sensor and that should sort it.

luke1987

Here is the offending part.

207VTi_zpsfd6ef164.jpg